Something You would never have thought of!!!!

cathi

If you are looking at a totally new experience, take a look at Aquafari. When we were planning our latest cruise, I went searching for something I'd never seen or done before and definitely found it with Aquafari!!!

This is an hour long submersible under the water experience with absolutely no dive experience needed. So if you done the snorkelling or scuba diving and want a totally new experience try this one!!

we had lots of reservations about trying this as neither of us can snorkel or dive but this allowed us to be under the water and see lots of neat things without any trouble. The hardest part was getting into the bubble after that we let the divers show us the way.

All the people at Aquafari were really great!!! And we highly recommend this for anyone of almost any age. I think the only ones they don't take are small children and people with some health problems.

Try it!!! I think you'll like it!!!!

Cathi

• 2 weeks later...

To the original poster or anyone else who's tried Aquafari in Curacao: I'll be going with my 87-yr old Mom. She has some arthritis and mobility issues, but is not in a wheelchair. She would love to try this, but is concerned about whether there are stairs or ladder climbing involved to get on or off the underwater apparatus, or a lengthy walk down a pier or something. If you have been there and done it, I would appreciate any info about those factors so I can either reassure her or move on to another possibility. Thanks in advance!

Eyelash - this probably isn't for her and not because of her age. The "scooters" you have to swim to and it's about a 5 minute swim. Once you are on the scooters there would be no problem. They do require you to fill in a waiver that includes asking about medical problems. One guy didn't get to go because of a heart problem even though he was fit enough. The other thing is that the water isn't exactly hot tub warm. In fact when you are down below it can be quite chilly.

As much as you would like her to do it, I'd pass for this one.

Eyelash - this probably isn't for her and not because of her age. The "scooters" you have to swim to and it's about a 5 minute swim. Once you are on the scooters there would be no problem. They do require you to fill in a waiver that includes asking about medical problems. One guy didn't get to go because of a heart problem even though he was fit enough. The other thing is that the water isn't exactly hot tub warm. In fact when you are down below it can be quite chilly. I got cramps in my legs when we swam back to shore.

As much as you would like her to do it, I'd pass for this one.

• 4 weeks later...
If you are looking at a totally new experience, take a look at Aquafari. When we were planning our latest cruise, I went searching for something I'd never seen or done before and definitely found it with Aquafari!!!

This is an hour long submersible under the water experience with absolutely no dive experience needed. So if you done the snorkelling or scuba diving and want a totally new experience try this one!!

we had lots of reservations about trying this as neither of us can snorkel or dive but this allowed us to be under the water and see lots of neat things without any trouble. The hardest part was getting into the bubble after that we let the divers show us the way.

All the people at Aquafari were really great!!! And we highly recommend this for anyone of almost any age. I think the only ones they don't take are small children and people with some health problems.

Try it!!! I think you'll like it!!!!

Cathi

Hi Cathi,

This looks like a bunch of fun! My husband doesn't know how to swim. Do you think this would be a good fit for him? I also looked at the website but was not able to find a price. Do you recall how much this excursion was? Thanks for the info!

Hi Cathi,

This looks like a bunch of fun! My husband doesn't know how to swim. Do you think this would be a good fit for him? I also looked at the website but was not able to find a price. Do you recall how much this excursion was? Thanks for the info!

It was a whole bunch of fun!!!! But may not be for your husband. You have to swim out to get on the aquafari vehicle. It took me about 5 minutes and I'm a pretty confident swimmer. My better half that is not a strong swimmer took a little longer.

The excursion cost $125 US per person but was worth every penny!!! That included picking us up at the port, the ride, the taxi back, and a beautiful set of pictures.

It was a whole bunch of fun!!!! But may not be for your husband. You have to swim out to get on the aquafari vehicle. It took me about 5 minutes and I'm a pretty confident swimmer. My better half that is not a strong swimmer took a little longer.

The excursion cost $125 US per person but was worth every penny!!! That included picking us up at the port, the ride, the taxi back, and a beautiful set of pictures.

Not bad at all. I booked it! Thanks for the info.

• 10 months later...
Hi Cathi,

HI! Did you stay at Pirate Bay for the day - use their beach? have lunch? I am getting package prices for many options. Did you use their cab driver for $40 round trip?

Thanks,

We went out at noon, did our dive, and then sat to have a drink in the bar before returning to our ship. We did use their taxi service and the only problem we had was with the first 2 couples. The taxi went to the wrong dock so took a little longer to get to Pirate Bay. Everyone who did the Aquafari that day loved it. You can spend the day there and use the beach and the restaurant/bar. Hope you enjoy it as much as we did

cathi