Seaquest tour Kona

jrsrosey

Hi dear experienced cruisers. I read hundreds of threads everywhere on this site which were all very useful but I can't quite find the information I am looking for. My TA is everything except knowledgeable about this cruise. We are doing the seaquest excursion at Kona which is a tender off port. I am afraid we can't disembark soon enough to catch a taxi and reach there place on time for the excursion. Any tips on that? If I can't be sure to get off the boat and get a taxi I will give up and get a NCL excursion :(

Thanks for your help

Envoyé de mon iPhone à l'aide de Forums

We are scheduled to go on that excursion in mid November. I have only been on a few cruises, and one had a tender day. I just went down that morning about 6:00 a.m. and found a line to stand in that was handing out passes. We got on one of the first tenders after the cruise ship tours and the VIP's on the ship.

From what I read on the threads, they are either meeting or handing out passes in the Pink Champagne Lounge? Another thread mentioned calling Mel's Taxi to get a taxi to be waiting 1-808-987-2308. I have not called them yet, so I don't know if this is correct.

Another thing I am going to do is call SeaQuest when we get there and let them know we are on our way.

When is your cruise?

Hi dear experienced cruisers. I read hundreds of threads everywhere on this site which were all very useful but I can't quite find the information I am looking for. My TA is everything except knowledgeable about this cruise. We are doing the seaquest excursion at Kona which is a tender off port. I am afraid we can't disembark soon enough to catch a taxi and reach there place on time for the excursion. Any tips on that? If I can't be sure to get off the boat and get a taxi I will give up and get a NCL excursion :(

Thanks for your help

You did not say what time your tour is scheduled to depart or from where, but from the website it looks like it may leave from Keauhou Bay which is about 20 min by taxi. It looks like you may have a 7:45 check in and an 8:00 departure.

According to the Freestyle Daily for Kona day, you can pick up tender tickets beginning at 7:00 am that morning at Pinks Champagne Bar. You entire party is supposed to be present and ready to go ashore before you pick them up.

Assuming you get the tx at 7:00, no waiting in line, and walk straight to the tender location and get loaded onto a boat you will probably not be ashore before 7:15. Then you have to find the taxi and drive 20 min to Keahou. That would be cutting it close for an 8:00 departure. Hopefully, yours is actually later.

We had a 9:00 tour with Four Winds and considerably more leeway, but we arrived way early around 8:00 as were being overly cautious.

We did have priority tender tx, and they were left in our room, so I have no idea if the line up to get tx at 7:00 am is bad or not. 4 or 5 Taxis were waiting near the pick up area, and we had reserved with Mel, but we could not tell which was Mel, and although we were the only people standing there a few feet away, no one inquired whether we needed a taxi. We thought perhaps they were waiting for private tours, but after about 5 min, we walked over and a nice young woman asked if she could help us, and we were on our way. Sorry, Mel. I guess we are just used to pushy taxi drivers in the Caribbean.

Dear punkin those are very useful informations. Sea quest told us a 20 min taxi drive to their location from the port. The check in time is 8:00 and departure 8:15.

At what time the earliest can you go pick up those tickets for the earliest shuttle ? We will get up and prepare early that's for sure! We come back at 1:15 and boat is leaving at 3:30 that should leave us time we plan on trying to reserve the taxi we will get for the way back. Should we reserve one for departure.

Dear punkin those are very useful informations. Sea quest told us a 20 min taxi drive to their location from the port. The check in time is 8:00 and departure 8:15.

At what time the earliest can you go pick up those tickets for the earliest shuttle ? We will get up and prepare early that's for sure! We come back at 1:15 and boat is leaving at 3:30 that should leave us time we plan on trying to reserve the taxi we will get for the way back. Should we reserve one for departure.

I don't know how many people will be lined up to get tickets when they start handing them out at 7:00 that morning. I would be there early to make sure you are very close to the front of the line, and then head straight to the tender area, I think on deck 4. If you do that I think you will probably be on the first tender.

We asked our taxi driver for her card, just in case we needed to call, but asked her to meet us back at the drop off point at the time the excursion was scheduled to return and she was there waiting. I was glad we asked, as I did not see any other taxis and we might have had a 20 min wait if we had to call.