cheapest way to call Canada from St. Martin. port?

Dunner

What have you found to be the cheapest way to call to Canada while in the port of St Martin? Is there somewhere where you can go and have someone dial and you pay them for the number of minutes you use? I did that in one port many years ago. Or any other ideas are welcome. Will be calling my 85 year old mom. so Skype and anything technical is out of the question.

I use SkypeOut, it lets you dial any normal telephone from your smartphone and use the internet to connect. It just looks like a normal telephone call to the person you are calling and it rings ther home phone.

You need a smart phone like an IPhone or an Android phone that can run Skype and you just connect to WiFi in St Maarten and dial your Mother's telephone number from Skype and go. Works great and costs about 5c/minute from anywere.

I run a business in SXM and call home to Canada all the time with it.

Let me know if you need anymore info, it is a great service and you can use it anywhere there is WiFi.

toomuchsnow---I will give it a shot and will let you know if it works out--thanks

call me Ishmael---Sounds like that would work except we don't have a smartphone---thanks anyway