Anything to do in port besides shopping?

FSRoberts

Going to be here on an itinerary that includes Tortola, Dominica, Antigua, and St Maarten as well. First time on this island. From what I gather, the beaches are nothing to write home about (with better beach days found on the Tortola and Antigua stops), and I'm having trouble finding an affordable tour that appeals to me. As we like to get off and stretch our legs on land when we can, is there anything around port worth checking out besides shopping? At the very least a good bar to get our drink on more affordably than shipboard prices?

Grey's island excursions is on Tripadvisor and DH and I are going on the "Grand tour of St. Kitts". The cost is $48/pp and it's an air conditioned van that you ride in. This tour includes $10 pp Fortress Entrance Fee and $3 pp Caribelle Batik Entrance Fee. You also get a 2 hour stay at the beach or they take you to the stores. There are other tours, if you're interested. We've read a lot about them on Tripadvisor and all seem to be very positive.

Food tour? [emoji57] where did you find it? What is it? Any information about it would be great!

We found out about it the last time we visited the island from our driver. The name is A taste of St Kitts, I just looked at their facebook page and they added pictures of the food from the tour. Looks yummy, will find out when we arrive tomorrow

Grey's island excursions is on Tripadvisor and DH and I are going on the "Grand tour of St. Kitts". The cost is $48/pp and it's an air conditioned van that you ride in. This tour includes $10 pp Fortress Entrance Fee and $3 pp Caribelle Batik Entrance Fee. You also get a 2 hour stay at the beach or they take you to the stores. There are other tours, if you're interested. We've read a lot about them on Tripadvisor and all seem to be very positive.

Thanks for the suggestion. I have seen them, but I'm not sure I find those stops worth the $96+tips for my wife an I. I don't really care for batik, and if I wanted to go to I found his rainforest tour interesting, but I don't think I want to do that much hiking (he said anyone moderately fit would have no problem, but my wife and I are not even that fit:)). Plus, the bigger thing is my wife hates regimented tours unless it's something one of us really wants to see (she hates having to get up early to get somewhere at a specific, often too early time) and we already have a tour at the next stop (Dominica), so I didn't want to push my wife's patience.

We found out about it the last time we visited the island from our driver. The name is A taste of St Kitts, I just looked at their facebook page and they added pictures of the food from the tour. Looks yummy, will find out when we arrive tomorrow

Does the $70 include the food?

• 2 weeks later...

Walk out of the port and turn left. Walk down to the 'Circus' flea market city center. It's fun.

Just past that, there is a round about where some people grill out all day and sell to locals. The man in the center makes great pork chops though you have to wait 20 mins for those and he can be grumpy. He's worth the wait. His chicken is great too and you'll see many locals come by to grab some to take home for dinner.

Our 3rd trip to St. Kitts next week. We just booked with:

https://lizpereirastourstore.shutterfly.com/

• 1 month later...