Empty Cabins

Jb-lhr

Just curious if anyone else has noticed that Azamara has disappeared from a certain website many of us use to check open cabins? Temporary? Permanent? Sinister? (No other cruise lines have been removed.) Interesting!

Just curious if anyone else has noticed that Azamara has disappeared from a certain website many of us use to check open cabins? Temporary? Permanent? Sinister? (No other cruise lines have been removed.) Interesting!

Hi Jb-lhr,

I highly doubt it's anything sinister, and probably temporary. When I asked this question to Azamara last year (yes, there were problems back then, which I pointed out to Azamara, but it never improved). At that time, I was advised that many TA sites pick up the cabin information from their database. Being that Azamara does not post available cabins on their US website (I believe this is still the case), it's probably why cabin availability is either unavailable, or when it is available, it's incomplete.

I just checked one of the major TA sites, and it does show limited cabin availability, but several categories are not displayed. FWIW, this condition dates back at least 12-18 months, perhaps more. I'd chalk it up to the woes of the Azamara website. I suspect the condition may improve whenever Azamara offers live cabin availability again.

Hope this is helpful.

Hi Everyone,

As this topic may lead to discussion about TA sites, please do not mention or supply hints to specific TA sites.

Thanks in advance !

Edited by Host Andy

Andy,

Many thanks for your perfect insight (as usual). It appears Azamara is already back on the site (it was, therefore, temporary), but cabin availability seems to be AWOL.

This also gives me the opportunity to express my deep gratitude for the way you have always handled 'issues' on this forum. You are the consummate diplomat and I (for one) respect you immensely ... AND I thank you very much for everything you do for this community.

All best to you and your Mum.

John

Edited by Jb-lhr

Andy,

Many thanks for your perfect insight (as usual). It appears Azamara is already back on the site (it was, therefore, temporary), but cabin availability seems to be AWOL.

This also gives me the opportunity to express my deep gratitude for the way you have always handled 'issues' on this forum. You are the consummate diplomat and I (for one) respect you immensely ... AND I thank you very much for everything you do for this community.

All best to you and your Mum.

John

Hi John,

I wanted to say thank you for your very kind comments. I spend a great deal of time on here, trying my very best to insure that our members have an outstanding experience. Not only do I moderate Azamara, but several other forums as well. I guess it's the nearly 20 years of Social Media experience that makes the process work smoothly ! Heck, I've been involved in Social Media long before the words "Social Media" existed. I must be getting old-er :)

All my best to you, and thanks again !

Edited by Host Andy