Go with Gus

hon2u

Has anyone heard from Gus lately?

I've sent 2 requests via his website and an email in the last 3 weeks.

I have not had a respond to any of my attempts to contact him.

I understand email is probably spotty in Guatemala. What has been

others experiences in response time? :confused:

Thanks in advance! :)

I don't know the reason for this but I do know he spends a good amount of time here in the US & I think he does it during the summer. Maybe he's up here & not checking his email? I hope he gets back w/ you soon.

Just so you know, in case you're trying to reserve spots, we did not book ahead but were able to book at the pier w/ no problem.

I sent a message via his website last week - no response. Today I sent him and emailed and it bounced back with an error message. Any suggestions?

Hey Jackie and Jim,

Still no luck here! I sent another email yesterday and still not reply.

I hope he is ok - everyone has such nice things to say about him.

I'm going to try another tactic here on the board and see if some other members have the answers I wanted from Gus. Wish me luck! :)

Then I will decide what to do when I arrive and if he is available.

Let us know if you hear from him. we are going around Christmas time and want to do the humanitarian tour, but only if the schools are open, so that's why we really want to speak with him before making plans...

Just an FYI - We were there over Easter break '09 & their schools were not open BUT there were many kids who knew ahead of time that we were coming & showed up. Not sure if they'd come around over the Christmas holidays but wanted to let you know that they did over Easter.

Let us know if you hear from him. we are going around Christmas time and want to do the humanitarian tour, but only if the schools are open, so that's why we really want to speak with him before making plans...

I am taking this tour in December. I got a little spooked when I noticed everyone looking for Gus........so I emailed him. He responded within a few hours. This is his response.........

The electricity is pretty bad and sometimes I don´t receive the email inquiries. If you have a chance, please answer one of the question from cruisecritic, let everyone know that I have replied to you and that Go With Gus is getting ready for the next Cruise Season.

Just FYI the email address I used was eldelfin@turcios.com

Edited by kyminiah

I am taking this tour in December. I got a little spooked when I noticed everyone looking for Gus........so I emailed him. He responded within a few hours. This is his response.........

The electricity is pretty bad and sometimes I don´t receive the email inquiries. If you have a chance, please answer one of the question from cruisecritic, let everyone know that I have replied to you and that Go With Gus is getting ready for the next Cruise Season.

Just FYI the email address I used was eldelfin@turcios.com

Many thanks! I have now sent a note to this email addy.

I was using GowithGus@turcios.com.

When will you be there in December? We will arrive on December 2 via NCL Spirit! :)

Many thanks! I have now sent a note to this email addy.

I was using GowithGus@turcios.com.

When will you be there in December? We will arrive on December 2 via NCL Spirit! :)

Did Gus get in contact with you? He called me and then sent his personal email gwg.gturcios@gmail.com what great customer service. He assures that all will be taken care of.

kyminiah

Did Gus get in contact with you? He called me and then sent his personal email gwg.gturcios@gmail.com what great customer service. He assures that all will be taken care of.

kyminiah

Hello,

No - I still have not heard from Gus. I do not blame him I blame cyberspace and lack of connectivity is some areas of the world.

Do you think I should try this email address as well?

Hello,

No - I still have not heard from Gus. I do not blame him I blame cyberspace and lack of connectivity is some areas of the world.

Do you think I should try this email address as well?

Yes of course. I asked him if he got an email and he said no. The email I posted today is his personal and not the hotel. Funny, when we were talking on the phone the power went out and that was the end of the conversation. That is why he emailed me, to say sorry and to give a different email.

Good luck, he is expecting your email.

kyminiah

Yes of course. I asked him if he got an email and he said no. The email I posted today is his personal and not the hotel. Funny, when we were talking on the phone the power went out and that was the end of the conversation. That is why he emailed me, to say sorry and to give a different email.

Good luck, he is expecting your email.

kyminiah

Ok - thanks again! I just sent the email. I will post the outcome. :)

Hello:

I heard back from Gus on Monday with the details of Humanitarian Tour and the address to send a deposit.

I replied that I amiled the check, and he replied immediately.

My wife and I have travelled extensively and I have every confidence in Gus.

We will be with him on 11/13.

Matt

Hello:

I heard back from Gus on Monday with the details of Humanitarian Tour and the address to send a deposit.

I replied that I amiled the check, and he replied immediately.

My wife and I have travelled extensively and I have every confidence in Gus.

We will be with him on 11/13.

Matt

Monday must have been a good power day....it has not been very consistant for Gus. Have a wonderful cruise.

Monday must have been a good power day....it has not been very consistant for Gus. Have a wonderful cruise.

And Wednesday and Thursday! ;)

I have been corresponding with Gus the last couple of days.

He asked me to share this email addy as it seems to be where he can be reached! :D

gwg.gturcios@gmail.com

Thanks again kyminiah! :)

Who is Gus and what tour are you booking? Sorry, I'm new to all this but I did read something somewhere about a tour where you meet with the children. Can someone please explain? I need to find something to do in Guatemala. Thank you.:)

Who is Gus and what tour are you booking? Sorry, I'm new to all this but I did read something somewhere about a tour where you meet with the children. Can someone please explain? I need to find something to do in Guatemala. Thank you.:)

Click here for his site: http://www.gowithgustours.com/index.htm

The tour info is here: http://www.gowithgustours.com/puerto_santo_tomas.htm

Please note the Sticky post above titled *Important: Generosity of Cruise Critic Members Regarding Donations at http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=803941.

Basically, soliciting donations or discussion of bringing/passing out supplies, donations not allowed on any of the Cruise Critic forums.

Kat 110105_emYA42_prv.gif

Thank you, Kat. But did I do something wrong?

You are most welcome!

No, you did not do anything wrong.

However, from experience not all our members remember the information in the Sticky. Replies are made that have to be removed. Just trying to "nip it in the bud" with a friendly reminder to all reading your post.

Kat 070106YA43_prv.gif

• 3 weeks later...