Guatemala Highland, Panajachel And Lake Atitlan Excursion

SeaThruU

We are sailing on the Celebrity Infinity Panama Canal cruise in October and will be visiting Puerto Querzal, Guatamala. Several of the posts on this board recommended taking an excursion offered by the cruise line at this port. Has anyone been on the Guatemala Highland, Panajachel and Lake Atitlan excursion recently? If so, would you recommend it?

• 2 weeks later...

Lake Atitlan is one of the beautyful places located on Guatemala, but.. it takes several hours on the bus vrs. the time that you really be on te lake. I can say Lake Atitlan is to stay an overnight here at least one night (I know you have not time, this time). So better take a different excursion on my opinion.

Greetings...from Guatemala !!

Lake Atitlan is one of the beautyful places located on Guatemala, but.. it takes several hours on the bus vrs. the time that you really be on te lake. I can say Lake Atitlan is to stay an overnight here at least one night (I know you have not time, this time). So better take a different excursion on my opinion.

Greetings...from Guatemala !!

Thank you for the information.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi gtmtourguide, thank you for your input.

We will also be on the Celebrity cruise in October and are trying to narrow down our shore excursion for Guatemala.

If not the lake Atitlan tour, which one would you recommend?

We are a couple in our early 50's and like to see the old sites and

appreciate the history side of our tours. We are not into the coffee bean tours or jade tours.

thanks in advance!

lncruisers

Hi gtmtourguide, thank you for your input.

We will also be on the Celebrity cruise in October and are trying to narrow down our shore excursion for Guatemala.

If not the lake Atitlan tour, which one would you recommend?

We are a couple in our early 50's and like to see the old sites and

appreciate the history side of our tours. We are not into the coffee bean tours or jade tours.

thanks in advance!

lncruisers

What I suggest is enjoy the Antigua Tour (normally it is inlcuded jade), but most of tour is Antigua History, on the Cruise Ship some time it is a Tikal Tour a Mayan archeological site that you can visit, I do have a tour to visit and enjoy a enjoyable momment at chocolate factory.

• 4 weeks later...
We are sailing on the Celebrity Infinity Panama Canal cruise in October and will be visiting Puerto Querzal, Guatamala. Several of the posts on this board recommended taking an excursion offered by the cruise line at this port. Has anyone been on the Guatemala Highland, Panajachel and Lake Atitlan excursion recently? If so, would you recommend it?

I'm in the beginning stages of starting to plan excursions for our 4/2/17 Infinity cruise. I'm interested in your statement that this is a ship recommended excursion port. Can you fill me in on that? Certainly don't want to miss the ship with sea days surrounding this stop.

Also what excursion did you settle on? Thanks.

I'm in the beginning stages of starting to plan excursions for our 4/2/17 Infinity cruise. I'm interested in your statement that this is a ship recommended excursion port. Can you fill me in on that? Certainly don't want to miss the ship with sea days surrounding this stop.

Also what excursion did you settle on? Thanks.

We chose to do the ship offered tour, GQ46 - Maya Jade, Chocolate & Colonial Antigua. It seems like a lot a the sights at this port are fairly far from ship and we were concerned about safety in this country. We generally prefer to book small group and private tours, but with the ship excursion we are more comfortable venturing to Antigua.

We chose to do the ship offered tour, GQ46 - Maya Jade, Chocolate & Colonial Antigua. It seems like a lot a the sights at this port are fairly far from ship and we were concerned about safety in this country. We generally prefer to book small group and private tours, but with the ship excursion we are more comfortable venturing to Antigua.

I realize that your cruise is a ways off but mine is even further :) would you please come back here and give a review of GQ46 when you return. It would be so helpful. Thanks.

• 4 months later...
I realize that your cruise is a ways off but mine is even further :) would you please come back here and give a review of GQ46 when you return. It would be so helpful. Thanks.

We are finally back from our 16-day Panama Canal cruise. It was great with the perfect balance of ports and sea days. The weather cooperated too.

The Celebrity GQ46 Colonial Antigua, Chocolate and Jade tour was very good. Once we were in the tour bus it took around an hour to get to Antigua. It was a beautiful trip from the coast up to an elevation around 5,000 feet. Along the route we saw beautiful mountains, active volcanoes and coffee plantations. When we arrived in the town, our guides divided our bus group into two groups. Our group visited the Chocolate Museum first and learned history and process of chocolate making. Then we got to make our own bag of chocolate candies to take with us.

Next we did a walking tour of the main square and had 20 minutes to shop and explore. After that our groups met up for an authentic lunch. Then, off to the Jade Factory. They have a brief presentation on the history, old and new, of mining Jade. You can observe the making of jewelry and then are given time to shop in the Jade Shop. They had lovely pieces in all price ranges.

This tour was fun and I would recommend it.