Seattle restaurant, which one would you choose

2red4u

Pretty different styles - Serafina more quiet, reserved; Bizzarro a bit over the top kitschy. Both have pretty good food but can be hit and miss sometimes. I'm not sure Bizzarro takes reservations, in which case the wait can be pretty long sometimes. One plus for Bizzarro is that you could visit Archie McPhee's down on the corner of 45th before or after dinner.

I'd probably go with Bizzarro because the neighborhood's more interesting. You'll be happy with the food at either.

Thank you both, I'm leaning towards Bizarro( that store put a little more lean, lol). Is there another Italian place we should consider?

Definitely. If you're staying downtown, Assaggio on Fourth Avenue is terrific, gets my vote (and those of many others) as the best Italian restaurant in Seattle. For a more touristy but still pretty good experience, the Pink Door in the Pike Place Market is also a fine choice, especially if you can sit on their deck. More upmarket, wonderful, is Il Terrazzo Carmine in Pioneer Square.

http://www.assaggioseattle.com/

http://thepinkdoor.net/

http://www.ilterrazzocarmine.com/

We are staying lower Queen Ann, but have no qualms about paying for uber, if needed. I did rule out pink door. The reviews were not as consistent, however the over head entertainment would be something new for my family( Austin Tx used to have a restaraunt with the same atmosphere, that I went to often as a kid). But in the end it's quality of food. I'll start looking at your recommendations tonight. Again thank you for your help.

We are staying lower Queen Ann, but have no qualms about paying for uber, if needed. I did rule out pink door. The reviews were not as consistent, however the over head entertainment would be something new for my family( Austin Tx used to have a restaraunt with the same atmosphere, that I went to often as a kid). But in the end it's quality of food. I'll start looking at your recommendations tonight. Again thank you for your help.

I *adore* the Pink Door. I've been loads of times, and it's been fantastic each time, no matter lunch or dinner. But then, I also like that everything is local sourced, and isn't "american-ized" Italian. :)

Hmmm maybe that was the problem with some of the spotty reviews, they were expecting Olive Garden. I'm glad you kinda cleared that up as I think my family would enjoy the atmosphere there and they like all Italian food!

The Pink Door definitely has its own style--it ain't Olive Garden! They have entertainment every evening except Monday, and sometimes at lunch--live jazz, tap dancing, vocalists, a tarot card reader, a trapeze artist over your head, even a late-night burlesque show! It's one of my favorite places around the Market.

Edited by Casagordita