Birthday Decorations

Surffish2285

Are the Birthday decorations on the Inspiration worth the $45? Also is the cake any good. Will the decorations be up when we first get to our room? We are using FTTF, and I want to make sure they are worth it and up when we first get to our room. We are celebrating my wife's birthday on our upcoming cruise in October, and I want to make sure its a good one.

When we sailed on the Dream out of port Canaveral on day two of the cruise

was my daughters birthday. We had the room decorated and everything was

perfect. We also had FTTF and when my daughter opened the cabin door

she at first thought they were not done cleaning the room. I told her to

read the sign on the wall that said happy birthday. Then we all sang

happy birthday to her. Trust me they will have everything done before

she opens the door. And yes the cake was good. We also had a cake

brought to the table in the MDR on her birthday. All the waiters sang

happy birthday. These are memories you never forget. I would like

to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! to your wife in advance but do not tell her

until she is in the room. Have a great cruise. HAPPY SAILING!!!

I have done both. On one hand it's nice to have the person walk into their room to find the room already decorated (especially if they are a cruise newbie), but they upcharge is insane for what you get. Hubby decorated our room in July for my 40th for just a few bucks. Yes, he put up princess decos to mess with me ;). We had FTTF. If he had bought the decorations from Bon Voayage, they wouldn't have been ready in time anyway. I have also bought the cakes before and I think they're well worth it. I will buy one for my son this December.

20150704_212803_zps0rf8tt85.jpg

I think the room decorations are worth it to make someone's birthday cruise extra special. It's a nice surprise to walk in and find them. We also love the cakes and have ordered a few for anniversaries and birthdays. Love the chocolate one.

I've never done the room decorations, but I have ordered the cakes on several cruises. My 15 yo birthday is on Aug 2nd and we are usually on a cruise during that time. I like the cake especially the white cake. They feed a few people as well.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Another Thumbs Up for the cake!

Definitely have it in the MDR. The waiters will walk in with it and a group of them will sing. It serves at least 6.

We had the chocolate for my granddaughter and all the tables around us sang along with the waiters and us.

She felt very special!

This is for MartiniMom. You might not have read my post. On the Dream for

my daughters birthday they had the cabin all decorated and we had faster to the fun plus they pushed me right to the room in a wheelchair. We were about one of the first FTTF group to get on the ship after one wedding group and a few platinum and diamond. Also last Sept. we had a grand suite on the Pride and were one of the first to get to our cabin and they had it decorated when we walked in the cabin for our anniversary. They decorate pretty fast.

HAPPY SAILING!!!