Air travel and baggage

smeyer418

I am not sure where to post this but it is interesting about air travel and baggage. seems it has gotten much worse since no liquids allowed on planes(yes I know you can carry 3 oz). We flew to Europe through Philadelphia in October and our luggage made it although it was sloooow to come out.

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/11/12/business/12baggage.html?hp&ex=1163307600&en=2c5cc10fb23b2910&ei=5094&partner=homepage

Even pre-9/11 and before the current liquid limits, flying internationally with checked baggage was uncertain. But now, I must say that flying with American Airlines (AA) not all U.S. airlines, is terrible. They have lost, misplaced or delayed my luggage on every trip I took with them. So no more! Flying foreign-flagged airlines is much better for international. I've flown a lot in the last few years and Singapore Air, Swiss Air, Brit Air have all been much better with no luggage problems. Flying AA into JFK with anyone is a luggage nightmare as you have to go through customs. The customs people are NOT the problem, it is the lousy baggage carousels and handlers. That's been my experience for the last several years so I avoid JFK at almost any cost.

Archived