Anniversary in Split, Croatia

Hi all!

This is our first European cruise, and we are celebrating our 2 year wedding anniversary. We will be visiting Split on the actual day, so I'm wondering if anyone has any "romantic" recommendations to really make the day extraordinary.

We are 24 and active explorers, so we're up for anything. Naturally, we prefer not to book excursions as we prefer each other's company and take every opportunity to save money.

The falls in Krka part look beautiful from what I've seen.

Thanks in advance! :)

~Hannah

Congratulations on your anniversary.

The most popular excursion in Split is the Palace of Diocletian, which is within walking distance of the port, and you can certainly DIY.

Krka will be the most scenic option, but you will need a car to get there. We took the boat entrance to Krka. It was fun and relaxing, but it also took a long time. We did it during a land tour, and therefore time is not an issue. I am not sure how much time you have. Also, it was pretty crowded at the park when we visited (in September).

Other options include Solin and Trogir, which you can reach using public transportation though it is more convenient to have a car.

I think Trogir would be the most romantic of the options. It is away from the hustle and bustle of Split (which don't get me wrong - is amazing) and is very scenic and charming. It is an island of no cars and all around gorgeous.

Sent from my iPad using Forums