MSC 17th september 2016

funloving2

Anyone on this cruise from Genoa? we have been on many cruises and had many wonderful experiences by booking private van to see around islands, can visit all the sights in one go at quarter of the price- even the evening show in Majorca, can catch taxi together for total 40Euro for show instead of $102pp- half price. Also fun to meet new adventurous friends- we are a young middle aged couple, good sense of humour, fit and ready to sight see. From Sydney Australia, want to rent car after cruise to look around.

Edited by funloving2
extra info

Anyone on this cruise from Genoa? we have been on many cruises and had many wonderful experiences by booking private van to see around islands, can visit all the sights in one go at quarter of the price- even the evening show in Majorca, can catch taxi together for total 40Euro for show instead of $102pp- half price. Also fun to meet new adventurous friends- we are a young middle aged couple, good sense of humour, fit and ready to sight see. From Sydney Australia, want to rent car after cruise to look around.

Funloving,,,which ship??:)

I think there are a couple of members who have sailed on Armonia,,I'm sure one of them will be able to help out with your questions. I've checked the roll call boards for your sailing but didn't find a thread so I guess you're sailing all by yourself!!:D:D

Ive sailed on the Armonia a couple of years ago, not long before she was stretched.

This is an English speaking forum dominated by people from North America. On the other hand Mediterranean cruises on the other hand have only a small number of passengers who speak English as a first language and often no North American passengers, hence the reason you will not find a lot of reviews or probably anyone on a roll call if you start one.

I tend to see more North Americans on the newer, bigger ships but even then not a huge number, more like a dozen.

I like the Lirica class ships because they are smaller and tend to have more unusual itineraries, calling at smaller ports.

At diner, they will seat you with other English speakers (unless you've asked to be seated alone). They could be form the US but probably more likely to be British r even Scandinavian. They are yiur best bet if you want to do taxi tours together. Not clear what you mean by a van - over here that's a commercial vehicle that you put goods in. Do you mean a mini bus. If so, not much chance of finding them in port. Or mYvpbe a larger taxi like a people Cartier? There may be a few of those but I think you will be fine with a taxi as you may well find another couple but not a lot of people.

I tend not to use that style of visiting ports. Depending on which ports of call you're calling at, walking around or public transport is usually very doable. IVe been to the Caribbeana few times but it's a completely different animal to te Med, where often the main attractions are not an island but the city itself like Barcelona or Athens.

I'd plan on DIY on your own and count funding someone to share with you to get the cost down as a bonus.

Don't know what show you're referring to in Majorca? These are usually very touristy things and not always that typical of the region.

The Armonia (and sister Sinfonia) have the nicest thermal area in the entire fleet, so I'd recommend a visit at some point in your cruise.

I was on Armonia just a couple of weeks back, she's in great condition, as with all MSC ships. Only comment compared to say Splendida or Fantasia is that with her being smaller the entertainment isn't quite as good.

I'm sure you will have a wonderful time. Any questions about the ship I can try and answer :)