Recommend a good book about Uxmal.

Grits53

Having toured Uxmal 3 times already, it is easy to say that it is my all time favorite Mayan ruins site. It beats Chichen Itza hands down! We will be taking our god children, who are of Spanish descent, to Uxmal on a cruise soon. I would like to find a good book about the history of Uxmal. I can find plenty of "guide" books on it, but have not found one that appears to tell its history. I have searched Amazon and ebay. Can anyone recommend one, please? Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Finding a book dedicated to Uxmal is pretty difficult, of course there a lot of books that cover Uxmal, in part, while covering the Mayans. However, I was able to find two that are specifically about Uxmal, both are more like pamphlets than books, but they cover the history of Uxmal and what each structure there is all about. Uxmal - A Practical Guide and Photo Album - I bought this onsite at Uxmal as it seems to cover everything and was great to have as walked around. Its about 40 pages long with pictures. Uxmal The History of the Ancient Mayan City. This is about 60 pages long and does a great job of covering the history. Hope this helps.

• 1 month later...

Thank you, PacificMountain, and my apologies for taking this long to respond. I was not notified of your post and just happened to see it today, while searching for more info. We will be visiting Uxmal again with two of our god-children, ages 12 & 15, the first of March. I am hearing that they no longer allow you to climb the one pyramid that has been open for climbing in recent years. Can you tell me if this is true? Thank you!