Voyages of Discovery - Remembering the Love Boat!

Cruzer Two

Your video brought tears to my eyes having just left the grand old gal back in Egypt after 6weeks onboard before she picked you up in Istanbul. Wonderful treatment with the music and the old time B&W feel.

May she long sail and continue to bring joy to those who love her. And proving Discovery passengers don't have to be told to honor "formal nights"; they enjoy formal nights! :D

Thank you for sharing this -- brilliant.

PS -- will you reveal your trick that allowed the final flag to be in color while the rest was still in black and white?;)

Hi SwissMyst,

Thank you for the nice comments on the video.

Despite the need of a face-lift, we really enjoyed our voyage on the grand dame and made some nice friendships with several of our fellow passengers. What the ship lacks in glitz and glamor is made up for in the warmth and intimacy of a small ship. This was our first voyage on the Discover, but I can see why you are fond of the lady.

As for the color of the flag in the final shot, I’m afraid I can’t take too much credit. I recently bought a new Canon SX40 HS that has some really neat features. One of them is the ability to focus on one item and have the camera shoot everything else in black and white, while remembering the color of the item selected. I have seen this does in motion pictures and thought it made a nice effect. It really draws your attention to the subject.

The Voyages video was the first since I bought the camera, so I’m still in a learning curve. I intend to do a separate video for each port of call on our voyage. The one from Istanbul has already been uploaded to Youtube. If you’re interested in seeing this video click on the link below.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=33605141&postcount=251

My email address is listed at the bottom of my signature. If you have any other questions about the camera or editing software please don’t hesitate to drop me a note.

Thanks again for all you kind remarks. I appreciate you taking the time to go to the video section and leave your comments.

Best Regards,

Ron

Archived