Itinerary Input-Thanks in Advance

SailingSunsets33

First, I want to say thank you to all of the posters on this board. I have spent days (weeks really!) reading through the threads, and I have gained so much information. This is where you will all think that I am slightly obsessed...we aren't even going until June 2017 (POA). The trip is a surprise for my husband (if I can keep this secret!), and I'm trying to tentatively plan the activities now so that I can focus on the budget. Any input that you could give would be oh so helpful :)

A little background-we are in our mid 30s, we have been on 2 cruises, and we are going on an Alaskan cruise this summer (so excited!). We enjoy adventure-snorkeling, hiking, sightseeing, and we also love the beach (my husband does not prefer too much downtime). We visited Maui 2 years ago for a week, and we loved it! This trip will be for our 10th anniversary.

Areas of confusion :confused: I am stumped with our 2 days in Kauai- I would like to try to hike at the Waimea Canyon, take a helicopter tour, do some sort of Catamaran cruise along the Na Pali coast (daytime or sunset). I'm not sure if we can do all of that, and I'm not sure what activities can be combined reasonably on each day. Also, I am debating between 1 and 2 nights pre-cruise. Please see notes below :D

OK, here goes.

Day 1: Arrive in Honolulu (Staying at Waikiki Beach Marriott Resort & Spa). I imagine that we will have a pretty mellow first night-walking on the beach/having a nice dinner (possibly Duke's?).

Day 2: Get up early and hike Diamond Head (Is it doable to hike this AND Koko Crater?) or KoKo Crater. Shower, grab lunch, go to POA :)

***Would it be smarter to add one more night before we leave?**

Day 3: Maui-Rent car, drive to Haleakala and hike! This was one thing that we did not do on our trip to Maui (we watched the sunset-beautiful!), and my husband was very disappointed. The rest of the day is open-maybe visit Lahaina?

Day 4: EARLY Trilogy excursion to Lanai (the earliest one, in the summer, departs at 6:30), drop car off and return to POA.

Day 5: Hilo-Rent car and explore VNP (would also love to hike here). Planning on just leaving the day open and taking our time.

Day 6: Kona-Snorkel excursion (possibly Sea Paradise Tours?) We would prefer a smaller, private tour-any recommendations? (I have read the boards but am still undecided)

Day 7 (Our Anniversary): Kauai-Rent car, drive to Waimea Canyon and explore/hike. Maybe consider a sunset cruise with Captain Andy's? Or head to the North Shore for dinner?

Day 8: Kauai-Helicopter tour (Considering Blue Hawaiian, Island Helicopters, and Mauna Loa Helicopters. Any recommendations?)

**Another combination could be helicopter on Day 1, Waimea Canyon or afternoon catamaran, Dinner. Day 2: Catamaran Cruise (This could be iffy with time) or Waimea Canyon (depending on previous day). If you had to omit 1 Kauai activity, what would you omit?**

Day 9: Pearl Harbor Excursion through NCL since they will store luggage. Any thoughts on this? Should we consider doing this excursion as a pre-cruise activity? Will we be too exhausted the day we get off of the ship? Any other recommendations for that day? I won't book our flights for several months, but I know that the flights are all later in the day.

Any and all input is welcome! As I mentioned, this trip is over a year away and many things can change. Thank you, thank you, thank you fellow cruisers :)