First Time On NCL - 12/14/14 thru 12/21/14

Jeremiiahh

Greetings all!

I'll be departing from Tampa on the NCL Sun on December 14, 2014 and returning a week later. This will be my first cruise that embarks from Tampa, which is about 20 minutes from where I live(St. Petersburg, FL). Every other cruise I've taken has left from Puerto Rico and gone south, while this upcoming cruise is a Western Caribbean Cruise.

Just wondering if anyone else out there is going to be enjoying the same cruise, and also wondering if any other locals (Tampa Bay area people) will be on the ship.

Also, for you cruise veterans, any advice when it comes to NCL, the NCL Sun, or the Western Caribbean?

Looking to have way too much fun doing everything and anything I want to....right when I want to do it!

Jeremiiahh

That's a great itenary. I love the 4 ports NCL goes to. Roatan has some great beaches, and my wife and kids love Tabyanna. It is pretty crowded, but is beautiful. The scuba is really good too.

In Costa maya, I book the Pez Quadro through Costa maya tours, and it is really inexpensive, but a great beach. Francisco provides for you well, and the resort 40 cannons is where the beach club is located. My family really likes it there. I scuba there, so don't spend much time at the beach.

In Coz, the last couple of times, we've found great deals on Chankanaab park dolphin swims. It is a really nice park, with a great beach, and lots of activities. The swim activities aren't TOO expensive, for all of the fun that my kids have, but the pictures that they try to sell you are REALLY expensive. It is a great trip though. We just grab a cab at the taxi stand outside the shopping center.

In Belize, my son and I have gone cave tubing with cavetubing dot bz and it was a lot of fun, and really economical. About half the price of booking through the ship, and they take care of and feed you pretty good.

Good luck on your cruise, and I'm sure you'll have a great time.

• 2 weeks later...
Greetings all!

I'll be departing from Tampa on the NCL Sun on December 14, 2014 and returning a week later. This will be my first cruise that embarks from Tampa, which is about 20 minutes from where I live(St. Petersburg, FL). Every other cruise I've taken has left from Puerto Rico and gone south, while this upcoming cruise is a Western Caribbean Cruise.

Just wondering if anyone else out there is going to be enjoying the same cruise, and also wondering if any other locals (Tampa Bay area people) will be on the ship.

Also, for you cruise veterans, any advice when it comes to NCL, the NCL Sun, or the Western Caribbean?

Looking to have way too much fun doing everything and anything I want to....right when I want to do it!

Jeremiiahh

Don't forget to join your Roll Call for your sailing!