Best bet for flight LAX Auckland/Canberra LAX

Greek50

Trying to book airfare and yikes the prices are high-cruise departs January 3rd! Any suggestions where I might find the best pricing?

Not sure where you've looked or what you've been quoted. I think you will be hard pressed to get a cheap fare. It's summer holidays here and all schools are closed for 6 weeks from mid-December. A lot of businesses also close over the Christmas/New Year period so it can be a very busy time to travel in Australia and New Zealand. I would have been looking for a fare long before now.

It may be cheaper to get a return fare LAX/AKL/LAX and then purchase a separate fare from Canberra to Auckland. If you don't mind a stop over Hawaiian Airlines have a return fare to Auckland for under $1800.(book direct) Canberra to Auckland is around $340 with Virgin.

Booking direct with Air New Zealand is a little over $1900 return to AKL.

You could try google - air fare comparison. This will bring up a number of booking sites. I like the one that 'scans the sky'

Hope you have a wonderful trip and good luck with you air fare.

Cheers

Deb :)

Thank you both for your excellent suggestions-they are much appreciated. We spent lots of time researching what seemed like every possibility and ended up booking through ChoiceAir. We are arriving two days pre-cruise and staying 3 days post-cruise with a flight out of Canberra like we had hoped. Now onto booking the Auckland hotel and all the port excursions. Many thanks again!

Archived