Air Tran

cruisingagentone

I've flown AirTran at least a dozen times over the last 5 yrs. Excellent airline. I've been so impressed I've bought their stock. Ranked second in customer service for at least the last two years and best in baggage handling. They are profitable and expanding. Young fleet; avg age of aircraft is 3.5 yrs.

I have flown AirTran quite often as of recent since they now offer cheap fairs out of Sarasota. I have not had a problem with them in the past few years. However, I have been delayed several hours (up to a day) more than once if there was a bad weather and I was scheduled to fly. I understand weather issues, but they woud cancel a flight while we at the airport and other carriers were still flying. That was many years ago, but my sister within the past 2 years has had the same problem.

Despite those issues, I try and choose them first because it is convenient for me and I just try to make sure that I have enough time to get where I'm going.

Hope that helps.

I flew them once, never again but that was in 2001. Everyone that has flown them since about 2003 to current loves them. I guess they changed thier customer service and business model after they got millions of complaints everyday. I have not flown them since that time and never will.

Does anyone know the seat configuration on AirTran? Is it 3 seats and 3 seats across or 2 seats and 3 seats across? Are there any entertainment devices - i.e. televisions or radios to watch/listen to? We're considering using them but aren't familiar with their planes.

Does anyone know the seat configuration on AirTran? Is it 3 seats and 3 seats across or 2 seats and 3 seats across? Are there any entertainment devices - i.e. televisions or radios to watch/listen to? We're considering using them but aren't familiar with their planes.

depends on what kind of plane you are in. Airtran uses 717's and 737's. They may even have some old DC9's but I'm not sure if they still use those.

717 is 2-3

737 is 3-3

Archived