Roll up, roll up... get your upgrades here!

Just had a call from Thomson Towers trying to sell me a cabin upgrade for Autumn 2015. The person didn't say it was a bargain but I thought that was why he was calling until I did my sums and figured out he was offering me what is already available on the website and for the same price.

I politely declined but said that if there were any actual special offers in the future then I would be prepared to listen. Thomson Towers are not doing anything unethical or underhand by doing this inasmuch as they are making customers aware of possible upgrades. However, people should be aware that there are no special offers available at present. If you are offered an upgrade on the telephone I would advise asking the sales person to call back in a few hours and then take off your shoes and socks so that you can count up to twenty then calculate the price of the upgrade as listed on the web or in the brochure so that you can make a proper comparison with the offer on the telephone.

I got caught on this one once and only once. Phone call made me think I was saving £100 on what was being offered, but after accepting I realised that I had already paid £100 for the higher deck and their offer was book price less the £100 I had already paid, so no offer at all.

Good idea to ask them to call back after you have checked the sums.

They do not do offers on the cabins at all. We were on the 4 week TA and at the end of first week got offered an upgrade as they had loads of cabins spare. To go up one floor to deck 6 and have a window would still be £300 each?? Didn't really see the logic being this, surely any money is better than none so do a better deal and people are more than likely to pay it

Sent from my iPhone using Forums