Star Flyer - best cabin choices

RANDCO

I am heading off on my first tall ship (Star Flyer) to Cannes in May and want to know if it's worth paying £1k extra for category one with windows and doors opening to deck instead of just a porthole! If so which one would be best (all still available) Sun deck or pool deck!

If not I have the choice of category 2 cabins 305, 307, 309, 326, 333 and 334...any tips on which one?

I am heading off on my first tall ship (Star Flyer) to Cannes in May and want to know if it's worth paying £1k extra for category one with windows and doors opening to deck instead of just a porthole! If so which one would be best (all still available) Sun deck or pool deck!

If not I have the choice of category 2 cabins 305, 307, 309, 326, 333 and 334...any tips on which one?

As always, it is a matter of personal choice. My choice has always been a "regular" cabin. In our experience (6 cruises) you spend very little time in your cabin. The views are from the deck and the Cat 1 cabins have fairly small windows. The other disadvantages are that other passengers can look into your cabin unless you close the curtains :D and, should it rain you will have to go out on an open deck to get to dinner or the bar.:eek:

Of the cabin choice you list I would say 334 is, on balance, the best choice. 307 is pretty good too.

Enjoy your trip!

Thanks for that Robbie 21, I was getting carried away with idea of a nice window instead of a porthole and a door opening to the deck!!!! ...didn't really think it through!!! I now agree with you and will save ££££££'s by opting for a regular cabin.