San Diego - Transporation to Sea World

ssolomon56

I've been scouring these boards and I just can't find the information - maybe one of you can help.

We're going to be on the Monarch of the Seas docking in San Diego on May 20th and were thinking of going to Sea World. The ship charges $77.00 each - and we have a group of 10 of us. If we go on our own, I can get discount tickets from work for $45 each. That's quite a savings! Question - is there any public transportation to take us to Sea World? I've considered renting a car - but we'd need a van and that gets costly considering that it would just be parked all day. Any ideas?

We're not locked into Sea World either - we just want to do something and not just shop.

Personally I would pick the Zoo over Sea World any day, but different strokes....

To get to Sea World on public transportation you can walk from the pier about 2 blocks walk over to the San Diego Trolley Station at the Amtrak station and take that north to the Old Town Transit Center and then take a bus from there to Sea World. You can get scheduling information here:http://www.sdcommute.com

To get to the Zoo you can also take the bus. It will take about 20 minutes. Use the same site for routing (pick your start point as Broadway Pier).

Archived