Queen Victoria New Year Celebrations?

aprilfool01

Please, Please could anyone who has by any chance been on QV for New Year

Tell me if they celebrate or is it all very somber and 'posh!!?

We have never been on any of the Queens, but have been with Celebrity And P&O.

Thinking of doing QV 5 day New Year cruise in December.

Thank you so much.

We were on QV several years ago for a holiday cruise from Los Angeles to Hawaii R/T. The ship was decorated beautifully and had many holiday activities including carol singing. We chose to do NYE at the Queen's Ballroom because there were no other activities that interested us leading up to midnight, and at least we could sit there. Except for the free champagne and the energy of the crowd it was a regular ball. There was a balloon and confetti drop at midnight.

We've done NYE on Explorer of the Seas and HAL. In comparison, we thought the cruise staff host on QV did a poor job of building up excitement, or should I say not building up excitement. My husband and I wanted to be on the dance floor at midnight and at that time they were playing a swing dance. We thought this was poor planning. We, along with many couples went out on the dance floor and held each other and did our own thing. If I were to be on a Cunard ship again I would attend NYE in the centrum. I am sure they had a balloon drop there plus the Cruise Director and probably the Captain. It had to be more exciting. Hopefully, soon you will get replies from people who celebrated NYE in the Centrum.

I would not call this stodgy or posh. However, no comparison to the Times Square feel of NYE on the Royal Promenade of Explorer, which others might dislike. I would not hesitate to take a NYE cruise on Cunard again.

Thank you for your kind reply - just what I wanted to know and somehow what aI expected it to be. We aren't t young but more young at heart and really just want to share some atmosphere at New Year.

Hope you are safe in the weather!