Private sailing around St John May 21st 2014

slasalle

Hi all,

I wanted to post an inquiry to see if there was any interest from our freedom of the seas roll call board members to hire a private sailing charter around the island of St. Johns. My wife and I have used the cruise critic boards a number of times in the past to organize our own "shore excursions". It's fun to meet new folks and the freedom you have to set the agenda at a cost that's pretty close to the ships packages is the upside.

Details of the trip are as follows:

- 1/2 day charter (agenda can be made to our interests)

- Total of 6 passengers (we are looking for 4 more to join)

- Marina is about 10 miles form our dock so we would share a cab to the marina pick up

- Total cost for the charter is $500 - (divided by 6 people is $83.33 plus tips and cab fare per person)

My wife and I are both in our early 50's and traveling from Atlanta, Ga.

If you have an interest you can email me for the link to the charters web site for more information. email is: 4lasalle@bellsouth.net

Curious. Will you be doing swim stops or just sight seeing . We will be on freedom a later date want the same thing but want secluded beach time. I'm wondering our hours of 12-7pm might make rougher water not good for snorkeling

Who are you going to hire?

the person I contacted for the private charter said the 1/2 day would fit the time frame our ship was in port. They take a max of 6 passengers, but it's a 50ft boat. They most likely would do an agenda to your wants if all six passengers agreed. I'll post info when I get home this weekend.

Edited by slasalle

You'll want to post this on your specific roll call forum to find folks for your date.

There are several excellent daysail operators with a 6-pax max.

Jiffymom if your group charters the boat the itinerary is flexible. A beach stop is not typical as you wil moor off the cays of STJ to snorkel. However they can moor off Honeymoon Beach, for example and dingy you in to the beach if the water isn't too rough, and that just depends on the sea conditions at that time.

I did post a message on the roll call page but no responses in about a month so I thought I would try this forum.

The private charter is cost effective and fits the schedule. I hope we can find 4 more.

Hopefully another couple or 2 respond from your roll call to defray the costs. Seems like it would be a popular option for many.

I would also check to see what other ships are in port that day and post on their roll call - can't hurt!