AFT Balcony on Jewel of the Seas

drush

We are booked in a category D1 aft balcony on the Jewel of the Seas and wanted to know if anyone has had one of these cabins on any of the Radiance class ships and if so how did they like them?

By Aft do you mean direct Aft or simply the back of the ship? If you mean direct Aft (meaning the few cabins at the end of the ship), they are wonderful. For my last cruise, I booked two direct aft cabins, but upgraded to the Royal Family Suite (also direct aft). The cabins have bigger balconies and the wake view is mesmerizing. Sunsets are incredible and depending on the port - watching everyone on the pier is loads of fun.

Cabin selection is such a personal preference, some don't like the longer walk all the way to the back of the ship. I didn't mind and I like the less traveled area. I never heard anyone running down the hall.

The simple answer is "LOVE THEM"

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Pierre2, which Royal Family Suite did you have? I am trying to find anyone who has stayed in one on deck 8 (#8668), as we have one of these booked for next January on the Serenade.

Pomperaugrr, we have 8668 booked in May of this year. Have you had any success finding anyone who has stayed in that cabin?

I'll take lots of pictures in May.:)

We are booked in a category D1 aft balcony on the Jewel of the Seas and wanted to know if anyone has had one of these cabins on any of the Radiance class ships and if so how did they like them?

Hi,

We were in aft cabin 7676 on Jewel for our honeymoon and just loved it. You won't regret it, the view is incredible.

Nancy

1395652884_NancyChillinonBalcony2.jpg.10052a6d64024958174b523243aa948d.jpg

Hi, We were in the aft RFS on the 7th deck of the Jewel of the Seas in June 2005 for a 12 night sailing in Europe. This is an awesome cabin. The balcony is a little smaller than it appears in the layout, but is still really nice. The aft is awesome. The suite itself is wonderful, the master bathroom being the best feature, HUGE. We were on the ship for 12 nights with the five of us and it never felt crowded. Best suite/cabin I have ever had on a ship. Deck 8 RFS is probably the same as the one we were in on deck 7.

Archived