Massage Questions

firecatgirl

Hello everyone we will be on the Dream in December and we would like to do a massage. What is the actual difference between the Couples Choice and the Couples Swedish Massage? I've read the descriptions and I think i need more of and explanation with the Couples Massage. Can anyone help? TIA :)

Couples choice is done in one of the private balcony rooms with a outside hot tub/whirlpool, foot/lower leg massage + salt rub, tea + fruit tray. While the website/pamphlet list the options, it is not an all inclusive list. The 130m is more of a guideline, both times we have done the Couples choice we were there for about 3 hrs.

The wife has gets the hot stone massage + facial. The first time I got an extra long hot stone massage, 2nd the hot stone + facial. (still warming up to the whole spa thing)

We will do it a 3rd time on the Alaska cruise. But I am going to try asking for the Elemis Deep Cleanse Grooming Treatment with Shave + hot stone or bamboo massage.

If you have the couples choice done while at sea you can leave the bathing suite back in the room and go Adam and Eve style due to the privacy.

It starts with you showering/changing into robes in the locker rooms. Then the 2 masseuses take you back to the room and talk you thru the various options. Then do the leg/foot rub/exfoliation out on the balcony. After that they go back in side and close the curtains and set up the room. You have some time to relax on the roman bed thing, drink some tea + fruit tray (some are chocolate dipped) and get in the hot tub. When they tap on the window it is time to come in and get under the sheets face down for the massage. The masseuses are not in the room when you get under the sheets. When they have you flip over, the sheets are held up to block any view.

The first time I did the massage, I had my wet bathing suit on and it get annoying. Second time, adam and eve style for the massage, but were docked as Nassau facing a carnival ship so bathing suite for the hot tub.

Just as a bit of info, it's best not to call your therapist a Masseuse, it is not an acceptable term these days, Massage Therapist is the correct title.

Try going to France and saying something else, and you may get something else!

https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/masseuse

Whilst you have attached certain connotations to the title, others may have not.

I think it is both proper and right to say masseuse for a female massage person.

Don't get too PC!

ex techie

The both times the lead women used the term Masseuse (the other persons were also women), once was from a French island the other from the french part of Canada. So that might be why they used Masseuse.

oh, I had checked on upping our package to the Ultimate Indulgence (booked on board only and the available times didn't work for us), but for our Couple's Choice we were offered gender choices for the persons but we had no preference.

Couples choice is done in one of the private balcony rooms with a outside hot tub/whirlpool, foot/lower leg massage + salt rub, tea + fruit tray. While the website/pamphlet list the options, it is not an all inclusive list. The 130m is more of a guideline, both times we have done the Couples choice we were there for about 3 hrs.

The wife has gets the hot stone massage + facial. The first time I got an extra long hot stone massage, 2nd the hot stone + facial. (still warming up to the whole spa thing)

We will do it a 3rd time on the Alaska cruise. But I am going to try asking for the Elemis Deep Cleanse Grooming Treatment with Shave + hot stone or bamboo massage.

If you have the couples choice done while at sea you can leave the bathing suite back in the room and go Adam and Eve style due to the privacy.

It starts with you showering/changing into robes in the locker rooms. Then the 2 masseuses take you back to the room and talk you thru the various options. Then do the leg/foot rub/exfoliation out on the balcony. After that they go back in side and close the curtains and set up the room. You have some time to relax on the roman bed thing, drink some tea + fruit tray (some are chocolate dipped) and get in the hot tub. When they tap on the window it is time to come in and get under the sheets face down for the massage. The masseuses are not in the room when you get under the sheets. When they have you flip over, the sheets are held up to block any view.

The first time I did the massage, I had my wet bathing suit on and it get annoying. Second time, adam and eve style for the massage, but were docked as Nassau facing a carnival ship so bathing suite for the hot tub.

Thank you for your response :)

The couples choice sounds like more pampering versus just a massage

Try going to France and saying something else, and you may get something else!

https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/masseuse

Whilst you have attached certain connotations to the title, others may have not.

I think it is both proper and right to say masseuse for a female massage person.

Don't get too PC!

ex techie

France may be different. But here in the states we prefer Massage Therapist. Masseuse has become outdated and some consider it derogatory.We are licensed professionals that adhere to a strict code of ethics. In most states a therapist must attend a certain number of educational hours in order to renew their license. Generally, some of those hours are in ethics education.

Thanks for reading!

These are not USA flagged cruise ships but Bahama flagged ships, so using USA appropriate terms would not exactly be correct.

Scan some ads from the Bahamas for massage. I think you will find they refer to their staff as "therapists" not masseuse.

Please understand' date=' I'm not trying to be a b*%tc. Just trying to prevent someone from agreeing to a service they did not expect. :)[/quote']

FFS,

"A service they did not expect"?

We are talking about cruise ship massages. Not a seedy brothel.

I think you and CELTICGIRLCRUISER made your point that some masseuses want to be called Therapists.

Fromer's, one of the world most respected travel guides refers to them as masseuse/s however.

No cruise line, not even DCL offer that kind of "happy ending".

ex techie