Empress vs Enchantment

Hi all! I'm debating between Empress and the Enchantment of the Seas. Both are 4 night sailings departing 12/14/17, very similar in terms of price and itinerary (Miami-Nassau-Key West) but the Enchantment itinerary also includes Coco Cay which I've been to before. I'm reading reviews of both ships and honestly they sound about the same age/size, is one of them really that much "better" than the other? It's just me and my husband (mid 30s no kids) and it's his first cruise ever! He tends to get seasick so we're trying a short itinerary to see how it goes. If it were you, which one would you choose? Thanks!!

Enchantment would be much preferable for us.. Enchantment has an adult covered Solarium and a huge pool deck, plus balcony staterooms that are not suites.

Ooo an adult solarium! Not sure I how missed that piece of info while researching, that does sound nice. Thank you

Note that "adult" in this case means 16 and over, but I'll take it.:)

Enchantment would be much preferable for us.. Enchantment has an adult covered Solarium and a huge pool deck, plus balcony staterooms that are not suites.

I would agree with this. Same itinerary, then take Enchantment.

I like the little Empress BUT the staterooms are tiny. Even the JS isn't a real JS - it's just a balcony stateroom on any other ship. Not worth the cost IMHO. Empress does have a fantastic Schooner bar. It's huge and, apart from trivia, largely abandoned during sea days (and port days). We set up shop on a little couch and chair area next to a lovely large window. It was great. We're going back on the Empress for the Havana trip in January.

I think y'all have convinced me that Enchantment is the way to go. Unfortunately all the balconies are gone so I'll be going for an oceanview room, looks like only deck 2 and 3 are left. But I'm excited!

I think y'all have convinced me that Enchantment is the way to go. Unfortunately all the balconies are gone so I'll be going for an oceanview room, looks like only deck 2 and 3 are left. But I'm excited!

Enchantment was stretched in 2005, so if you want a stateroom in the new section, use this rule:

The new staterooms added in the 2005 stretch are those ending with 068 to 083 and 568 to 583, adding the deck # for the first digit. Also inside staterooms added are those ending in 877 to 881 on decks 3 and 4.