Deck 13 Britannia Club Staterooms

david,Mississauga

Although the QM2 re-enters service on the 21st of June after being Remastered, the new Britannia Club staterooms on Deck 13 are not available until 17 July according to the information on the Remastered site.

This implies the new partial Deck 13 will be installed but not finished for close to a month. Might those in the Britannia Club staterooms directly below on Deck 12 have to hear hammering, drilling, etc. during their voyages?

Our Deck 13 booking is for October so I am not affected, just curious.

I'm sure that when they originally built her, the majority of the staterooms were pre-fabricated & simply craned into place.

I'd have thought that these new staterooms - given their position on the ship - will also be pre-fabricated & craned into position. I'd be surprised if a good percentage of them aren't already complete for that matter.

My Guess is that they'll be undergoing a period of testing following her re-launch. It may even be the case that they'll be occupied by engineers from Blohm+Voss for that period to allow any snagging with those rooms & the rest of the new parts of the ship to be ironed out.

I'm sure that when they originally built her, the majority of the staterooms were pre-fabricated & simply craned into place.

I'd have thought that these new staterooms - given their position on the ship - will also be pre-fabricated & craned into position. I'd be surprised if a good percentage of them aren't already complete for that matter.

My Guess is that they'll be undergoing a period of testing following her re-launch. It may even be the case that they'll be occupied by engineers from Blohm+Voss for that period to allow any snagging with those rooms & the rest of the new parts of the ship to be ironed out.

JollyJack, that sounds like a good guess, but doesn't having the engineers occupy the new Britannia Club Deck 13 from June 21 through July 16 seem a bit excessive for just ironing out a few possible snags?

I wonder if it's just the 30 Britannia Club cabins on Deck 13 that won't be available until July 17, or does that also apply to the 5 Inside cabins? -S?