Online check in question

DonnaK

OK - this is going to sound like a very stupid question coming from an experienced cruiser, but here it goes....

Until now, I've only traveled with my husband and children. I managed all our reservations through my own account on the Royal Caribbean website. I make reservations and complete the online check in for all of us.

What do I do when I am sharing a cabin with someone who is not in my household?

For my next cruise, I will traveling with my cousin. I added the reservation to my account and completed the online check in for myself only.

Can she make an account of her own, and add the reservation to hers too, so she can complete the online check in on her own? We will be arriving separately, so we'd each need to print our own set sail pass. Or, can only one of us have the reservation on their account? In the latter case, does the first person have to manage the check in for the other person?

(The cabin is booked directly through RCI; no travel agent involved)

OK - this is going to sound like a very stupid question coming from an experienced cruiser, but here it goes....

Until now, I've only traveled with my husband and children. I managed all our reservations through my own account on the Royal Caribbean website. I make reservations and complete the online check in for all of us.

What do I do when I am sharing a cabin with someone who is not in my household?

For my next cruise, I will traveling with my cousin. I added the reservation to my account and completed the online check in for myself only.

Can she make an account of her own, and add the reservation to hers too, so she can complete the online check in on her own? We will be arriving separately, so we'd each need to print our own set sail pass. Or, can only one of us have the reservation on their account? In the latter case, does the first person have to manage the check in for the other person?

(The cabin is booked directly through RCI; no travel agent involved)

Yes, your cabin mate can complete her own online check-in separate from you, and get her own SetSail pass. Her name should not be on your SetSail pass.

Each of you can have the same reservation on your respective accounts.

Yes, your cabin mate can complete her own online check-in separate from you, and get her own SetSail pass. Her name should not be on your SetSail pass.

Each of you can have the same reservation on your respective accounts.

Thanks Bob

Definitely easy for the cousin to log in and complete her check-in info and print her own pass, etc. My teenage son and his adult uncle shared a room last cruise. The uncle was always able to make his payments separate from ours and did his own on-line checkin, printed pass, etc. Very simple.