New Terminal 1 at Port Canaveral

Mama24

I just wanted to give everyone a heads up about the parking situation at Terminal 1's new parking garage. We arrived before 11 a.m. for a 4:30 departure on Freedom of the Seas, which I thought was early enough to snag a handicap parking space. I was surprised to see that they were all taken. We ended up parking on the roof of the parking garage way in the corner in an end space in order to have room to use the ramp in my van.

If you need a handicap space, my advice would be to get there very very early.

Here is a link to the parking information on the Port Canaveral website. I wish I had taken the time to call the contact person for parking, just to see if they could be reserved. Likely not, but you never know.

http://www.portcanaveral.com/Cruise/Directions-Parking

Being that the Enchantment of the Seas has 3 and 4 days cruises departing from Port Canaveral in addition to the Freedom of the Seas it's not surprising that there were no HC spaces available upon your arrival. Not to mention there are people who fraudulently use HC placards belong to someone else.

• 2 weeks later...
Being that the Enchantment of the Seas has 3 and 4 days cruises departing from Port Canaveral in addition to the Freedom of the Seas it's not surprising that there were no HC spaces available upon your arrival. Not to mention there are people who fraudulently use HC placards belong to someone else.

People who fraudulently use HC placards belonging to someone else is at the top of my "Pet Peeves" list.

We've found that we can stay at a hotel in PC, pay a nominal fee to leave our car at the hotel, and take the free hotel shuttle to the port for about the same cost the Port charges for parking. It may be worth looking into, the next time you cruise out of Port Canaveral. Many of the hotels also include a free breakfast, so when you really break it down - it's sometimes cheaper for the hotel room/parking/breakfast package than it is to stop for breakfast that morning & pay to park at the port!