California to New York flights

jrobinso

Has anyone done the cruise arrange flights from California to New York?? With the 5 hour flight time and 3 hour time difference I was wondering how they get you to the pier in time for sail away. "Red eye" or forced hotel stay??

Anyone know??

• 3 weeks later...

Your best bet is to fly out the day before. The time difference alone plus possible weather delays between CA & NY can make a difference.

Besides, you'll be fully rested for your cruise if you come in the day before. Try to do the red eye & you'll be exhausted by the time you get on the ship.

I agree with Cassandra. When I cruise out of CA I always fly in the day before. It is also much cheaper to book the flight yourself. If you can fly out of Long Beach and go JetBlue, you can get great deals. The amount of money you save on the flight (booked yourself) will easily pay for a hotel and you won't have that stress of "what if I don't make it on time". Plus you will hopefully be well rested for your cruise.

Most likely it will be a red eye. AA flies nonstops out of LAX and SFO and the flights arrive just before 6, 7 and 8AM. I fly LAX/JFK at least 6 times per year. The flights average about $300.00 RT.

As everyone posted, book your own flight and fly the day before. You will be much happier.

I agree with Cassandra. When I cruise out of CA I always fly in the day before. It is also much cheaper to book the flight yourself. If you can fly out of Long Beach and go JetBlue, you can get great deals. The amount of money you save on the flight (booked yourself) will easily pay for a hotel and you won't have that stress of "what if I don't make it on time". Plus you will hopefully be well rested for your cruise.

The long Beach airport is awesome, very small and easy to navigate.

Archived