Diamond Princess

Funtravellergirl

My husband and I just took the Diamond Princess on a 17-day cruise around Japan. I'm surprised to hear that people found the Diamond tired and not up to the standards of other ships. I found the ship cleaner than other Princess ships (especially compared to the Star, for example). It caters to the Japanese market and if you have ever been to Japan, it is the cleanest and safest country I have ever traveled to so far. In fact, we are cruising the Diamond again in April from Singapore to Tokyo (Yokohama). I hope this helps you.

Arlene

We spent 20 nights on the Diamond in August 2016. She is clean and well maintained. There were many good things about her. That said, I don't know quite what it was, but the cruise wasn't as "good" as our cruise a few months before on the Caribbean Princess. The MDR food was definitely not as good, and our stateroom steward was rather blah, but other than that, there was nothing "wrong" really. It just wan't great.

OK, our toilet did back up and overflow twice--no we didn't flush anything other than bodily functions and TP. But they fixed it and cleaned up the bathroom right away, so that's not it. One time it overflowed clean water for no reason I could determine.

The bilingual crew were great. There were Japanese classes which were helpful--just basic manners words and such.

I've been looking at cruises the last few days as there are some really good prices on line....and I'm trying to figure out if I was just "blah" with Princess, with the Diamond, or with cruising in general. There is a northern Japan cruise in 2017. I really don't think I could talk the family into it.