San Sebastian Festival

ElmwoodPark

We are leaving on the Celebrity Summit on Jan. 17th and will be arriving in San Juan on the 16th. We have a hotel in Coronado (Best Western). Will be have a problem with a taxi from the airport and then from the hotel to the Pam Am Pier? Will we be delayed a lot due to traffic?

Thanks for an insight into the festival impact.

I would try to get to the pier as early as possible, preferably before noon. Although the San Sebastian festival takes place in Old San Juan, it and the Pan Am Pier share the same access which bottlenecks at the causeways/bridges leading into the area when there are multitudinal activities in the old city.

To add to the problems, the northern-most road leading into Old San Juan and the pedestrian promenade that runs along it are undergoing renovations right now, and these will take all year to complete.

Again, I would head to the pier immediately after checking out from your hotel. If I'm not mistaken Celebrity/Royal start letting people at least into the terminal well before the published boarding time.

As far as the transfer from the airport to the hotel on Friday, you should be okay if you arrive during the daytime. If you arrive at night expect some traffic jams since all roads lead to Old San Juan, including the roads from the airport into the Condado area.

Good luck.