San Juan logistics for embarkation/disembarkation

SnowshoeCat

I need a primer for SJ. Never been there.I'm looking at maps, trying to organize my thoughts and plans. Help me get started please.

Is OSJ the area around the fort? It looks that way since the roads looks small and close together. And, well, it's near a fort ;)

I'm looking at maybe cruising out on the Carnival Valor. Which pier does it use?

The flight I'm looking at gets in just after midnight, so I would just go right to a hotel, then spend the next day wandering. What kind of public transportation is available, or should I just stick with a taxi?

Oh, and my return flight won't be until the evening. Time for a little more sightseeing?

I'm sure I have many more questions. If I could just get some basic info now, I can start building a plan.

Thanks!

I need a primer for SJ. Never been there.I'm looking at maps, trying to organize my thoughts and plans. Help me get started please.

Is OSJ the area around the fort? It looks that way since the roads looks small and close together. And, well, it's near a fort ;)

I'm looking at maybe cruising out on the Carnival Valor. Which pier does it use?

The flight I'm looking at gets in just after midnight, so I would just go right to a hotel, then spend the next day wandering. What kind of public transportation is available, or should I just stick with a taxi?

Oh, and my return flight won't be until the evening. Time for a little more sightseeing?

I'm sure I have many more questions. If I could just get some basic info now, I can start building a plan.

Thanks!

Yes, OSJ is the area around the fort and the whole area is easily walkable. The bus system there is easy to use. Hotels in the Condado area are more reasonable and you can take a bus to OSJ for 75 cents. Taxi to return if the busses have stopped for the night would cost around 17$.

Debarkation day you would have time to do some more sightseeing, the issue is what to do with the luggage, but I hear people say there are hotels near the port that will hold your bags for a fee.

The Carnival Valor would embark at the pier right in the center of OSJ which is one reason it's great to take a Carnival cruise out of San Juan. You go on board at noon then it's like having another port day, you can get off the ship and wander til it's time to leave.