Cannes to Marc Chagall Museum/Nice

mal&jason

Assuming you like to do some walking the easy (and least expensive) way is to walk from the tender port to the Cannes train station (about a 25 min walk for most) and catch the next train to Nice (they normally have about 2 an hour). Once at the Nice Gare de Ville (train station) you can walk to the museum in 15 min.

Hank

Assuming you like to do some walking the easy (and least expensive) way is to walk from the tender port to the Cannes train station (about a 25 min walk for most) and catch the next train to Nice (they normally have about 2 an hour). Once at the Nice Gare de Ville (train station) you can walk to the museum in 15 min.

Hank

Hank, thank you so much. That is very useful to know. I am very excited about the trip. Have you done the western Mediterranean route on NCL?

Regards,

Mallory

PS: Hank is a great name! It is the name of my grandfather (and my cat)!

Hank, thank you so much. That is very useful to know. I am very excited about the trip. Have you done the western Mediterranean route on NCL?

Regards,

Mallory

PS: Hank is a great name! It is the name of my grandfather (and my cat)!

Have not been on NCL since they sold the old Norway (we loved that ship) and moved to their Freestyle mode. As to the Med, DW and I have cruised in those waters, extensively, for about thirty years. But as much as we love to cruise in the Med, we even love spending lots of time on land. Much of Europe is not accessible by cruise ship and we love to simply rent a car and spend weeks exploring Europe. Thanks to some others here on CC we have also embraced renting furnished apartments in places like Paris and St Remy for long stays.

By the way, if you do go to Nice you might want to make the trek from the museum over to the Old Town neighborhood for lunch. There are many cute restaurants in that part of town including the popular cafes that are arrayed around the Cours Selaya. In fact, if you can get a train into Nice by 11am we would recommend going to the famous Flower Market (which is also in the Cours Selaya) before you go off to the Chagall.

Hank