8 Travelers from MCO to PC > What would you do?

SCUBADOO414

Hello all!

We have four adults and four children flying into MCO the day before our cruise leaving P. Canaveral. With regard to transportation from MCO to PC, would you recommend renting two cars or getting a large shuttle van?

Thanks for any assistance you can provide! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Two midsize cars would be about $90 ($45ea). A large rental van (12ppl)is over $200 a day. If you're not planning on going anywhere else like a store or something like that and just going straight to the ship or hotel at port, I would go with the shuttle mentioned above for less hassle and convenience. We're doing the same thing but we're renting a mini van for the 7 of us (cost about the same as for 2 cars) because we're making a few stops before going to the hotel at the port. In the morning we'll return it to their port location and catch their shuttle to the ship. Hope this helps.

Depends on your budget.

I used Happy Limo and found their services wonderful. They were on time and friendly.

If you get a 10 passenger van for a roundtrip for $230.00 ($115.00 oneway) not including gratuities.

Renting two cars could get as costly because you'll need a bigger vehicle to hold all the luggage, too.

If can call and check rates with somebody or place a ressie online. If you choose to use the roundtrip you can get $15.00 off using code MS5569. Tell you heard from them from mousesavers.com.

Oh if you would like to make any stops, let the them know and they will take you to any stores.

Check their site out www.happylimo.com

Wow you guys! Thanks for all the great ideas. I've been checking car rentals and emailing shuttle services. We aren't sure how much running around we'll do once at the hotel, although we would like to check out Grills... and we'll be staying at the Radisson. Is that within walking distance, or taxi? Plus, we'd like to pick up some water to bring onboard the ship if there is a grocery store nearby.

I'm not sure if we would benefit more from renting or being shuttled based on the things we'd like to do before boarding... I guess it depends on what's nearby... within walking distance of the Radisson.

Thanks again everyone! You've been most helpful! :)

we are using www.rentalcarmamma.com. I stumbled upon them on an internet search. They have links at rates with most of the rental agencies. We have a 12 passanger van for $139 per day which includes all fees & taxes with unlimited miles. The link directed me straight to the thrifty.com site using the rentalcarmamma discount code.

Archived