Thomson Spirit Eastern Encounter June 2015

My husband and I have booked this cruise departing on the 22nd June 2015 We have looked into doing some shore excursions when we dock in Ashdod (Jerusalem and Bethlehem Shore excursion) and Haifa (Biblical Galilee - full day christian focussed shore excursion) After looking at a number of reviews our preferred tour operator is Guided Tours Israel and if anyone else is interested in joining our small group excursion here is the link to check it out www.GuidedToursIsrael.com We are looking forward to this cruise so much:)

• 1 month later...

Hi Mazza, my wife and I are also booked on this cruise on 22nd, Trish is the religious one so I would let her decide what she wants to see, we may join a trip but have done some of the sites when we did an excursion from Cyprus a number of years ago. She is looking forward to exploring more in the region.

The next few weeks can't go quick enough! Maybe see you on board!

Duncan.

When we booked it a couple of weeks ago I rang Thomson to ask that question, British gov are advising travelers not to go to parts of Beirut city. Thomson said they were at present but that may change depending on situation in the area.

You are really better off booking shore excursions on the ship.

More expensive perhaps, but safe in the knowledge that the ship or port agents will take care of you.

In Conflict zones you are being watched and who knows what can happen.

Edited by P&O Lynn Knickers
Lynn is great. GO LYNN

When we booked it a couple of weeks ago I rang Thomson to ask that question, British gov are advising travelers not to go to parts of Beirut city. Thomson said they were at present but that may change depending on situation in the area.

Thanks

You are really better off booking shore excursions on the ship.

More expensive perhaps, but safe in the knowledge that the ship or port agents will take care of you.

In Conflict zones you are being watched and who knows what can happen.

I was going to book the ship excursion here.

• 5 weeks later...

We've not had a confirmation from guided tours as yet. The reviews that I've read about the Thomson Shore excursions comment on how over priced they are. We're not sure what currency to take given that we are travelling out of the euro zone. Any ideas most welcome

I've booked 2 Thomson tours (Beirut & Dead Sea & Masada ) and am waiting for confirmation for one from Guided Tours (Galilee), if not I will book it with Thomson, no choice really.

I will take Dollars, Pounds and Euros! I will try and avoid getting any Shekels, though you could probably grab a small amount on board.

I've just booked our tours with Thomson. Guided tours informed me that at present they only have 4 people but that people often leave booking their shore excursions until last minute. I didn't want to risk waiting any longer or mess around booking on the cruise so have withdrawn from guided tours which I guess leaves just 2 people. I do hope that this does not affect anyone reading this thread

• 2 weeks later...
My husband and I have booked this cruise departing on the 22nd June 2015 We have looked into doing some shore excursions when we dock in Ashdod (Jerusalem and Bethlehem Shore excursion) and Haifa (Biblical Galilee - full day christian focussed shore excursion) After looking at a number of reviews our preferred tour operator is Guided Tours Israel and if anyone else is interested in joining our small group excursion here is the link to check it out www.GuidedToursIsrael.com We are looking forward to this cruise so much:)

Thank you for this information I am booking the tour from Haifa to Nazareth?Sea of Galilee. Is this the one you are going on.

We have been on thomsons trip to Nazareth and the Sea of Galilee which also went to a kibbutz for lunch and also to a part of the River Jordan where people were being baptised....a.brilliant, very comprehensive, excursion . We did use euros everywhere which wasnt a problem.....we have also done a shorter trip to Acre from Haifa which was also excellent (might have been with P and O though)!