Bus from Monaco to Cap Ferrat ?

Maineac

Can anyone tell me if the #112 bus from Monaco to Eze makes a stop near Villa Ephrussi de Rothschild in Saint Cap Jean Ferrrat?

I was hoping to spend part of the day there and then go on to Eze if time allows.

Thank you

You are an adventurer :). But, this is not easy. To get to Cap Ferrat you need the #81bus which you can catch in Nice (Gare Routiere) or pick it up in Villefranche. I cannot find any bus that goes directly from Monte Carlo and it looks like the 81 simply runs between Nice and Cap Ferrat with many stops between. This route would take it along the lower coast road which never goes to Eze Village.

Hank

Thank you Hank,

Maybe not so adventurous. :eek: After a year and a half planning this trip, I think I'm finally losing it. For some reason I had it in my mind that Cap Ferrat was located between Monaco and Eze.....After looking at the map I see I was mistaken.

It looks like I'm going to have to think about a plan B.......We're docked in Monaco from 8:00am till 10:00pm, what are your thoughts about renting a car or possible hiring a driver?

Much Obliged,

Judy

Judy,

Personally, we love to rent cars in France and Italy and regularly do this whether for a port day or an extended driving trip in Western Europe. A few of us here do try to help folks with details of using trains and buses, but they do have the major limitation of frequency. As an example, that #112 bus does not run very often. If you are comfortable renting a car, we think it is the best and most cost effective way to see this part of France. In fact, when we are in Monte Carlo (port call) we try to get out of town as quickly as possible (MC is our least favorite place in this region). If you know how to drive a stick, you can rent a car for about $120 for the entire day. If you hire a private car/driver your cost will probably exceed $600. When we do have a car in this region our first destination is usually St Paul de Vence (our favorite place in this neighborhood) and we often stop at Antibes, Nice and Eze. However, you would be able to go to both Eze and Cap Ferrat using buses. Take the 112 bus to Eze Village and make sure you know the bus schedule so you can leave Eze at the proper time to catch the 112 all the way to Nice. When you get to Nice (Gare Routiere bus station) you can catch the 81 bus to Cap Ferrat. After Cap Ferrat get the 81 bus (you again have to be very cognizant of the bus schedule) back to Nice and you can walk from the Gare Routiere to the old town part of Nice and explore this area. When you are ready to go back to Monte Carlo you can either take the 100 bus or the faster express bus (from Gare Routiere) to MC or you could walk over the train station and take the train to MC.

Hank

Thank you both....... We've decided to rent a car in Monte Carlo and do it on our own. For me, the train/bus option just sounds too stringent.

I'll look into St.Paul de Vence, as you've peaked my interest.

Cheers,

Judy

I just had another thought Hank, since you've driven around this neck of the woods, could you give me any tips on parking in some of these villages. Again, thank you.

Archived