what's good for the 20ies crowd?

carjul

Hi, My son is graduating from college in May 2013 and I'd like him to take a nice trip before he joins the workforce and can't get time off. He's broke so Mom (me) is paying for it. i want to keep my prices down, I thought a cruise would be the most reasonable way to go. If he can't get any of his buddies (most of them don't have any money either), I'm going to try and convince him to go alone. I see there are singles cruises. But how is the age of the crowd? I'd like him to be on a ship with a somewhat younger singles crowd, so what is the best cruise line that might cater to younger people? I'd like him to fly leave out of the US (we're in Jersey, so east coast even better as it saves me airfare, but that may be too limiting).

Thanks for your input. I've only been on one cruise in my life, so i'm not really too familiar with what's out there. This looks like a nice forum, if he does go, should he try and hook up with people going on the cruise beforehand? via this forum? some other way?:cool:

Thank you,

Any of the Big Three (Carnival, Royal Caribbean, and Norwegian) will suit him just fine. They have plenty of activities, places to hang out, and active nightlife. Short cruises (3 and 4 days) on these lines tend to be party-oriented, which probably what your son would hope for. The best way for him to meet people on his upcoming cruise is to join the roll call for his sailing. These lines have most of their sailings out of Florida. There are sailings out of major East Coast cities, but those are longer cruises, with an older, more sedate crowd.

Archived