Exciting Osaka Festival July 24 & 25 - We will be there! Will you??

GottoCruise

"The Magnificent Summer Festival of the Mercantile City of Osaka" - THE TENJIN FESTIVAL - and it is being held this year on July 24 & 25 - Hooray! We will be in Osaka on those dates.

I have the wonderful dilemma of deciding if I want to give up our (planned) trip to Himeji Castle on Sat. and go to the Festival at the City's Kitano-Tenmangu Shrine. Or, alternatively I could still go to Himeji Castle on Sat and the Festival on Sun. - just get to the ship late - in the early evening?? Information ranks the Tenjin Festival alongside the Sanno Festival in Tokyo and the Gion Festival in Kyoto as one of the top three festivals in Japan. "On the 25th, the celebration is on the water, and until about 10PM, some 100 river boats crowd onto the Okawa River. There is music, which is played on the ground, on bridges and on the boats. Overhead aerial fireworks light up the night sky" - Wonder if all this can be seen from the Pacific Princess since we are not leaving Osaka until midnight. I'll have to do a bit more research to see where the Okawa River is in relation to Tempozan Pier where our ship will be docked. If anyone is reading this post that has any knowledge of this Festival - Please post with information.

Until Pacific Princess

Islands of the Pacific Theater

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff0000&cdt=2004;07;25;12;00;00&timezone=GMT+0900

Until Golden Princess Western European Capitals

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2005;07;31;12;00;00&timezone=GMT+0000

Until Golden Princess British Isles

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2005;08;10;12;00;00&timezone=GMT+0000

Archived