Celebration excursion advice, Adriatic.

Hi members

Sailing on Celebration in June, doing the Croatian Classics tour visiting. - Rovinj, Venice, Trieste, Zadar, Split.

We have not been on a Thomson cruise before just wondered if any members had visited these ports of call and could offer any advice on excursions/visits etc.

Walking a long way is a little out of the question as I am not too good with my knees. Are there HOHO buses that would be suitable in any of the cities, looked at the Thomson excursions and may take an odd one but through past experience found that we can do our own thing a lot cheaper.

Any info would be appreciated either regarding the excursions or indeed the ship herself.

Many thanks in advance.:)

Hi Pezzers

No vehicles of any sort in Venice I'm afraid! When I visited you could get a express vaporetto (water taxi) from where we docked direct to St Marks Square - when you are there you could see St Marks, Doges Palace and the Campanile (bell tower) with very little walking. I suspect that would work out a little cheaper than doing Venice On Your Own from the ship. The express boats stop at the top end of the dock where the ship docks, if you follow the people walking to the people mover you will see where they stop and you can buy tickets there.

I don't recall seeing HOHO in either Split or Zadar - as Mazzarooney says the old town in Split was an easy walk from where the ship docked. In Zadar there were shuttle buses from where we docked to the city centre, and you could see the sights without doing much walking from there.

Hope this helps!

Ho ho in Trieste opposite the pier and a little to the left on the main road. Just one bus an hour it is easily over subscribed. A main square is in walking distance, again walk to the left of the pier.