Jost Van Dyke excursion

angiebabes

Has anyone done the P&O excursion from Tortolla to Jost Van Dyke? If so do you get enough time there etc. was it worth it or should be go to Cane Garden Beach instead? Have done Virgin Gorda already which was very nice.

Thanks x

Edited by angiebabes

Has anyone done the P&O excursion from Tortolla to Jost Van Dyke? If so do you get enough time there etc. was it worth it or should be go to Cane Garden Beach instead? Have done Virgin Gorda already which was very nice.

Thanks x

Think we had about 2.5 hrs on the beach there, lunch was OK, nothing special. It was a great journey there and back though, lots more to see than the Gorda journey.

Picture here from the boat:

https://picasaweb.google.com/107693552597250328299/Carib11Photos#5586256566115884706

Edited by bee-ess

Think we had about 2.5 hrs on the beach there, lunch was OK, nothing special. It was a great journey there and back though, lots more to see than the Gorda journey.

Picture here from the boat:

https://picasaweb.google.com/107693552597250328299/Carib11Photos#5586256566115884706

Lovely pictures! Was it an open top boat to Jost van dyke? could I catch some sunshine on deck ? I am tempted to book this trip now :)

Edited by angiebabes

Can't remember if there was an open top but I know we sat outside both ways.

Would you recommend the trip? It will be our third time in tortolla- it rained all day the first time and our trip was cancelled the second we did The Baths so was torn between Cane Garden Bay or this trip! Love beautiful beaches and boat trips - help me make a decision. haven't booked any trips this cruise with P&O. Organised all our days ourselves so far x

Edited by angiebabes

I loved JVD, great crew on catamaran over, anchors off shore and a small barge like boat takes you to shore, have to get off and wade in through the water. I did not want to leave and thought lunch was quite good for this type of trip. Oh yes lots of brown pelicans, I was swimming and one landed about three ft from me.. amazing 😃

I loved JVD, great crew on catamaran over, anchors off shore and a small barge like boat takes you to shore, have to get off and wade in through the water. I did not want to leave and thought lunch was quite good for this type of trip. Oh yes lots of brown pelicans, I was swimming and one landed about three ft from me.. amazing 😃

Sounds great! I have booked the P&O trip today! Really looking forward to seeing the Siggy Dollar bar!!!

Hi angiebabes

When are you going, we are on Ventura 27/02/15 and have booked this trip, asI want to visit the" Soggy Dollar Bar"' Cane Garden Beach is very nice and well worth a visit, on our first visit there was nothing there it was like the beach from the " Bounty Advert" from the 80/90s now there are few bars etc.

Hi angiebabes

When are you going, we are on Ventura 27/02/15 and have booked this trip, asI want to visit the" Soggy Dollar Bar"' Cane Garden Beach is very nice and well worth a visit, on our first visit there was nothing there it was like the beach from the " Bounty Advert" from the 80/90s now there are few bars etc.

We fly out on 2nd Jan and are visiting Tortolla on the 10th. This is the only P&O trip we have booked this time, we have done lots of research and have pre-arranged things through local companies ourselves this time. Soggy Dollar looks a must! Looking forward to trying their famous Painkiller cocktail!!!

Hi angiebabes

Have a great cruise, would be interested to hear your comments about the "Soggy Dollar Bar", how far it is from where you arrive on JVD . We have tried the Painkillers at " Pussers" in Roadtown but would like to try it at its natural home.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you.

Hi angiebabes

Have a great cruise, would be interested to hear your comments about the "Soggy Dollar Bar", how far it is from where you arrive on JVD . We have tried the Painkillers at " Pussers" in Roadtown but would like to try it at its natural home.

We have also tried a painkiller in Pussers Landing and it was very nice! Will let you know all about the trip. The Soggy Dollar has a webcam by the way if you go on their website and it looked hot and sunny earlier :)

Merry Christmas to you too xx

Hi angiebabes

It is right on the beachfront - v.near to wherever you land on the beach. It gets very busy though.

We've done the JVD trip back in 2012 and loved it. You land at the other end of the beach from the Soggy Dollar bar at a bar called Oceans 7 I think. The beach is incredible, it's called White Bay for a reason ! and there are a number of beach bars. Make sure you try the pInkillers and of course Pussers rum. Enjoy!