A/I supplements????

muffinman1

Hi last time I was on Island Escape we were A/I but if I wanted a better brand of vodka i.e Smirnoff I had to pay 20p extra, I have now heard that when you get on the ship if you want better brands of spirits, beers,you need to pay £ 11 per day per person, can anyone please clarify this for me, not going until October but would still love to know if this is true.

thanks for your help

Alex(Muffinman)

I've just had a look at the drinks list I got last week.

"Why not upgrade to our Premium drinks package which includes ALL premium drinks shown on the bar menu.

The upgrade option is available to purchase during the first 2 days of the cruise for only £10.95 per person per day. See one of our bar staff for more details and to sign up."

Hope this helps.:):)

Jan

Edited by ekco

Oooohhh,,,, REALLY .......... this must be a new thing !!!! :confused:

Last time I was on was September.

Does that include (do you know) everything on the drinks menu i.e. bottled water, premium cocktails, 'a decent glass of white wine' ????

Your info would be much appreciated :)

Oooohhh,,,, REALLY .......... this must be a new thing !!!! :confused:

Last time I was on was September.

Does that include (do you know) everything on the drinks menu i.e. bottled water, premium cocktails, 'a decent glass of white wine' ????

Your info would be much appreciated :)

That seems to be the case. The Premium drinks part of the menu runs to nearly four pages, bottled water is on that. There is an asterix which says "Champagnes, bottled wine from the Wine List, Bottled Water as per the bar list. Mini Bar and Room Service items are not included in the 'Premium' upgrade package. All guests sharing a cabin need to buy the package, except anyone who is under 18 years old." Well, that's as clear as mud, lol. I would scan the bar list in but the print is so faint it wouldn't show up well.:D:D

Jan

There is an asterix which says "Champagnes, bottled wine from the Wine List, Bottled Water as per the bar list. Mini Bar and Room Service items are not included in the 'Premium' upgrade package.

Jan

Does that mean even if you pay the extra "premium" upgrade, you still can't get free bottled water?

Not that its only the IE that does this but how can it be beneficial to the cruise company to push the free alcohol & not the water ??? :confused:

Edited by Stevio

Does that mean even if you pay the extra "premium" upgrade, you still can't get free bottled water?

Not that its only the IE that does this but how can it be beneficial to the cruise company to push the free alcohol & not the water ??? :confused:

There is a heading Bottled Water on the last page of the Premium Drinks list.

Sparkling Water 1.5ltr £1.60

Sparkling or Still 500ml £0.80

Perrier Sparkling Premium Water 330ml £2.10

San Pellegrino 250ml £1.75

Reading it again maybe the bar menu is different from the above but I would have thought that if you pay a supplement for premium drinks it should include everything on the list. BUT this is Thomson. It would be interesting to hear from anyone who has actually paid the supplement. Sorry can't be of more help.:):)

Jan

Hi does that mean then that if you want a premium brand you have to pay £11 per day or. Can you still pay per drink?

Yes you can still pay per drink as normal on your on board account. I think RR posted a copy of the bar list with the prices of supplements per drink from last season on here somewhere.

We don't think it's worth paying for package.....john drinks dark rum.... Tried free all inclusive then tried captain Morgans at 1.85 and really couldn't tell the difference!!! Doesn't seem worth paying 11 pounds per day if it's only 1.85 for the 'real deal'.....

We don't think it's worth paying for package.....john drinks dark rum.... Tried free all inclusive then tried captain Morgans at 1.85 and really couldn't tell the difference!!! Doesn't seem worth paying 11 pounds per day if it's only 1.85 for the 'real deal'.....

I tend to agree Jenny, we found the AI pretty good quality although we didn't overindulge as that finds out pretty quickly the next day which is hooch and which the quality stuff. IE AI is 100% better than we had on FO last year, very weak white rum and pepsi, which is what they have instead of coke. The red wine was drinkable but, given that we paid £10pp per night we wouldn't bother next time as we don't drink a lot and didn't much like the attitude of the staff, very slow service and a slight disapproving air around the AI. Either do it with good grace or forget it. Maybe it's better this year now they've had time to adapt, hope so but we won't be finding out for ourselves.:):)

Jan