Double-check your pre-cruise invoice

Currymonster

I got an email from FO with a copy invoice attached for a cruise booking next year. When I checked it I noticed an extra item 'Amendment fee' with a charge of £100. When I queried this with an FO customer service agent, the agent said the system had imposed the charge due to a name change on the booking. He checked before and after the 'name change' but the names were the same before and after. He said he would take off the charge and reissue the balance to pay invoice which he did. No explanation or apology was offered. £100 to change a name on a booking? Wow! Even more costly when you haven't requested a change!

Please check your balance to pay closely folks!

I got an email from FO with a copy invoice attached for a cruise booking next year. When I checked it I noticed an extra item 'Amendment fee' with a charge of £100. When I queried this with an FO customer service agent, the agent said the system had imposed the charge due to a name change on the booking. He checked before and after the 'name change' but the names were the same before and after. He said he would take off the charge and reissue the balance to pay invoice which he did. No explanation or apology was offered. £100 to change a name on a booking? Wow! Even more costly when you haven't requested a change!

Please check your balance to pay closely folks!

Thanks, but I'd be surprised if anyone had this charge and didn't spot it???

Archived