May 2016 Atlantis Cruise from New Jersey RCL Anthem

absolutboy20

So there were rumors for some time regarding Atlantis chartering the RCL Anthem for its 25th anniversary cruise and with the accidental leak by RCL late last month listing the May 21st sailing as a sold out Atlantis Charter cruise, it seems to be turning into the worst kept secret. The listing showed a 7 day cruise visiting Port Canaveral, Nassau, and CocoCay.

I'm interested as the dates will work, but for me personally the Anthem and Quantum didn't quite meet its fanfare, and I don't know how the ship would translate for the charter for the theme parties.

Thoughts?

Edited by absolutboy20

Looks like a fun cruise!

I wonder if it will sell out? 4100 is a huge number to sell out, and there are 3 cruises a few months prior. But it departs from NYC, goes to a warm place, and it's an itinerary that Atlantis hasn't done in a long time, if ever.

This does sound fun, especially with staying in NYC before and/or after the trip.

I wonder when they'll announce it. They definitely have an amibitious first half of 2016 planned with cruises in January, March, April...and now May.

Sailing from the NYC area would be a cheaper route for Northeastern folks to get to then flying to FLL or MIA. I'd look into it if it were the case and to try out the new class of ships. I like the FreeStyle Dining concept (NCL) and it was an epic flop on RCCL but hopefully they'll keep the concept on this ship with the multiple dining venues. :)

I like the FreeStyle Dining concept (NCL) and it was an epic flop on RCCL :)

You're talking about with str8 cruises, right? Atlantis has always had freestyle dining, and so I imagine that would always apply even if RCCL removes it from str8 cruises.