Electrical power on Hurtigruten's "Trollfjord"?

RBob

Is it really 220V only?

We took a Uniworld cruise a while back and were warned that power would be 220V only, but then we found a 110VAC outlet in the cabin.

I'm only interested in powering the battery charger for my camera and would like to avoid lugging along the additional transformer and adapter if I can; every ounce and every cubic inch counts.

Is it really 220V only?

We took a Uniworld cruise a while back and were warned that power would be 220V only, but then we found a 110VAC outlet in the cabin.

I'm only interested in powering the battery charger for my camera and would like to avoid lugging along the additional transformer and adapter if I can; every ounce and every cubic inch counts.

Can't comment on the Trollfjord specifically, but I was on the Nordnorge and the power outlets in the cabin were 220v. If I remember correctly, there was a 110V "shaver" outlet on the ceiling in the bathroom.

Of note is that the reception desk had converters that they would loan for the duration of the cruise for free. They would put a deposit on your account and remove it when you returned the converter.

Check your battery charger as most can handle 110-220V without a converter. It should state on the charger, somewhere, something like "Input 110-240V". In that case, you would just need an adapter.

Enjoy the cruise.

All Hurtigruten ships are European and on the European mainland the power is 220V. And so on most European ships.

However, as said, the shaver-outlet in the bathroom might be 110V.

When on board, just check with the reception desk.

Just to be sure just take your transformer with you. It might not be that heavy for being your luggage 'overweight' :-)

Archived