Question about PG 7-day cruise

I was wondering if it was practical and/or advisable to fly from LAX to Papeete on the Saturday night flight (arriving at 9:30 PM local time). I don't think the ship leaves until early Sunday morning so it seems like it'd be possible for someone who can't come in on Friday.

And, similarly - does anyone ever disembark the ship the following Friday after arriving back in Papeete (~7 PM) to get to the airport for the 10 or 11 PM flights to LAX? Or do you always have to disembark on Saturday?

We just returned from the 7 day PG cruise. We flew into Papeete on Saturday evening arriving at the ship around 10? We flew back to LA on Saturday evening, but we were docked at 7 p.m. Friday night with some passengers departing for the airport at this time. If time is an issue this would work out well for you, however, I would definately recommend a day room in Papeete. It was a lovely, relaxing end to our trip.

We just returned from the 7 day PG cruise. We flew into Papeete on Saturday evening arriving at the ship around 10?

I'm so pleased to know that that's an option...

We flew back to LA on Saturday evening, but we were docked at 7 p.m. Friday night with some passengers departing for the airport at this time. If time is an issue this would work out well for you, however, I would definately recommend a day room in Papeete. It was a lovely, relaxing end to our trip.

Oh believe me - if we felt we could, we'd love to stay a day or so before AND after the cruise! If we go, though, it'll be our first time being that far away from our young children. My Mother has agreed to watch them for us but I'd like to make the trip as easy on both of us (her and me!) as possible. Being able to leave Saturday and be back the following Saturday (instead of going Friday-Sunday) would be preferable if possible.

I really appreciate your reply - thanks so much.

How was your trip, btw? Amazing?

Hi, My husband and I left our 3 and 5 year olds with my parents so we had the same concerns. We arrived in tahiti around 730 and had no problems. They even kept La Veranda open for dinner for us late night arrivals. One flight didnt come in until midnight.

We kept in touch everyday with the kids from the internet on board. Very good connection.

There were some who left on Friday night. We docked around 7pm. So you could catch a 10pm flight.

This is such a wonderful husband/wife getaway. you will have a wonderful time. I can email you my pictures if you would like. Just leave me your email address!:o

Hope this helps!

In 2004 we did a back to back on the PG and last year we did the 10-day itinerary. Of the 3 sailaways, 2 were ontime (a little after 10pm) and one was midnight or later due to a late arriving plane that carried passengers booked on the cruise. When the flight is on time you will be able to have Saturday evening dinner in L'Etoile.

Hi, My husband and I left our 3 and 5 year olds with my parents so we had the same concerns. We arrived in tahiti around 730 and had no problems. They even kept La Veranda open for dinner for us late night arrivals. One flight didnt come in until midnight.

GREAT to hear! I think that's going to be the way to go for us...

We kept in touch everyday with the kids from the internet on board. Very good connection.

Oh that's nice to know! I was wondering about that... I wonder if cell phones/Blackberry have signals there? We were on a Caribbean cruise last month (with our kids) and, out of 7 days, only had cell service once (on St. Thomas).

There were some who left on Friday night. We docked around 7pm. So you could catch a 10pm flight.

Excellent. I hate thinking about cutting such an incredible trip short... Being away from my family for that long is going to be hard, though. Saturday-Saturday is long enough!

This is such a wonderful husband/wife getaway. you will have a wonderful time. I can email you my pictures if you would like. Just leave me your email address!:o Hope this helps!

I really appreciate your help. It looks like a great "couple" vacation and we definitely could use one! I'd love to see your pictures - my e-mail address is JessicaNicholas@yahoo.com - can't wait!

Archived