Montevideo, Uruguay, Steam Train, Juanico Winery & Wine Tasting ship excursion?

Work to travel

Hello,

Has anyone gone on the "Steam Train, Juanico Winery & Wine Tasting" shore excursion in Montevideo, Uruguay? We will be on the Golden Princess and in this port Monday February 2.

I had started an earlier thread to get help with trying to do this excursion on our own. The Juanico Winery said the only way to ride the train was through excursions with the ships.

It is expensive but intriguing. I would so appreciate any feedback from cruiser who have taken this excursion.

Thanks so much,

Work to Travel

I took a ride on the steam train but not to the winery. It was a ship excursion and was only about 1/2 hour ride from the outskirts of town into town. This was part of a city tour. Several tour busses showed up for the ride and the train was full. I did not see any way for someone not from the ships tours having the availability of booking a ride.

The engineers spoke English and gave tours of the engine before the ride started. The view during the ride was not much as with most intercity trains, they don't go through the best parts of the city. A ride to the winery could have better views.

Have a good trip.

Don