cruise show?

kate52

The Telegraph Cruise show has its first regional event in Liverpool next month.

The cost is about £11 per person.

Has anyone been to a cruise show like this? Are there likely to be any bargains to make it worthwhile, or is it mainly aimed at those who haven't cruised before?

A few cruise lines are listed so far, but Thomsons aren't among them!

kate

some of the Cruise lines do so called show offers particularly Fred Olsen where you get a favourable(?) price or extras if you book on the day at the show.

Like you I do not think Thomson will be at the Liverpool show but they do the Daily Mail one which is in Manchester but a very small show. Last year Fraser Ellacott called briefly at that show on the Saturday and did a presentation on Thomson Cruises (we had a coffee and a cake with him too which was very enjoyable too) but other than that it is primarily but not exclusively Thomson shop travel agents from the Greater Manchester and Cheshire areas who man the stand to deal with people who want to book/enquire about a cruise. I can not recall any specific show offers last year but they may have thrown something in such as a free allocated cabin number if you booked on the day but there was nothing advertised on the Thomson stand. Other cruise lines did have so called show offers but as I have nothing to compare them to I can not say how good or exclusive those offers actually were. There may be more Cruise lines at the Liverpool show looking at the possible exhibitors.I don't think P and O, Cunard and Royal Caribbean for example will be at Manchester.

Hi Kate- I saw your post in 2011 about the foodmaven tour in Naples- did you ever post a review? If so could you provide a link?

Sorry to post on this thread- I don't know how to contact you.

Thank you,

flowery

Sorry, flowery, I think it must have been another kate! I have been to Naples a couple of times, but have never heard of this tour

kate

some of the Cruise lines do so called show offers particularly Fred Olsen where you get a favourable(?) price or extras if you book on the day at the show.

Like you I do not think Thomson will be at the Liverpool show but they do the Daily Mail one which is in Manchester but a very small show. Last year Fraser Ellacott called briefly at that show on the Saturday and did a presentation on Thomson Cruises (we had a coffee and a cake with him too which was very enjoyable too) but other than that it is primarily but not exclusively Thomson shop travel agents from the Greater Manchester and Cheshire areas who man the stand to deal with people who want to book/enquire about a cruise. I can not recall any specific show offers last year but they may have thrown something in such as a free allocated cabin number if you booked on the day but there was nothing advertised on the Thomson stand. Other cruise lines did have so called show offers but as I have nothing to compare them to I can not say how good or exclusive those offers actually were. There may be more Cruise lines at the Liverpool show looking at the possible exhibitors.I don't think P and O, Cunard and Royal Caribbean for example will be at Manchester.

Thanks for the reply. I'm not sure we would get a lot out of going to the show- being pensioners we can take our holidays anytime and look out for a bargain!

Hope Fraser paid for the coffee and cake!!

kate

• 2 weeks later...