A question about the Dream

dorlor

Well its nearly here !! We join the Dream on Saturday = woo hoo. I need some help here folk. Not sure what time we board (we fly from Birmingham 8.30am ) early we hope. Er there is an Aston Villa match on Sky at 5pm Palma time and so - my husband would like to watch it !! I know!! So does anyone know if there is Sky on board the Dream or a bar in Palma !! That was a lovely review from Julie. I really cant wait. :)

Edited by dorlor
not editing

Not last time we were on there your best bet if you are that desperate to see the match is to try to locate a bar in palma that is showing it but theres every chance they may lose as they always do when we make a big thing of watching them. Sorry you would be better getting settled in on the ship and having a big cocktail. Enjoy we go in 2 months. Thinking about it we will be flying to Turkey on Saturday do hope we are in the air when the match is on.

Well its nearly here !! We join the Dream on Saturday = woo hoo. I need some help here folk. Not sure what time we board (we fly from Birmingham 8.30am ) early we hope. Er there is an Aston Villa match on Sky at 5pm Palma time and so - my husband would like to watch it !! I know!! So does anyone know if there is Sky on board the Dream or a bar in Palma !! That was a lovely review from Julie. I really cant wait. :)

Are you sure about the match? I think it's West Ham v Liverpool the late match on Sky, The Villa were on last Saturday.

All-afloaty :)

Not last time we were on there your best bet if you are that desperate to see the match is to try to locate a bar in palma that is showing it but theres every chance they may lose as they always do when we make a big thing of watching them. Sorry you would be better getting settled in on the ship and having a big cocktail. Enjoy we go in 2 months. Thinking about it we will be flying to Turkey on Saturday do hope we are in the air when the match is on.

Ah - mmm -i was wrong .All-afloaty said its not the Villa match and when i checked with my husband he had said he wants to watch Sky Sport News for all the results ! Have a great time in Turkey (im not desperate to see any match, even Villa.) Thanks for your reply.:)

Oops yes ! Thanks, i should have double checked, what my husband actually said was he wants to watch Sky Sport cos it will give all the scores !! Sorry about that. Heck i just want to be sailing ! :)

Me too dorlor, we're off on Monday :) have a great time

All-afloaty :)

Can't speak for the dream, but on the majesty there was no sky sports, but sports news, so husband can check the scores, while you have a cheeky glass or two of your favorite tipple.

Great, that.ll do !! Thanks. Hopefully if the Majesty had it the Dream will too. :D

As well as Sky News they also have a free copy of their own version of The Daily Mail available at Reception so you can check lottery numbers etc. The current "paper" is always on display in the cabinet on the left hand side of Reception desk. Have a great time.

Thank you. Cant believe its nearly here !:)

Hi Dorlor

If your hubbi is desperate to watch the football there is a decent bar about 400 yards from the ship at Palma that shows live English football on Saturday afternoon. Only problem is that the commentary is in Spanish. Bar was very friendly when we were there three weeks ago and prices are reasonable. It was reasonably empty as well. To get there leave the port terminal building and go straight on past the bus stops for the town and hop on hop off bus and go over the bridge that crosses the dual carriageway. At the end of the bridge take the left fork up the small hill and the bar is 100 yards up on the left. There is normally a board outside on the pavement advertising which matches are on.

And if you don't fancy the football, leave hubbi there with enough cash to buy a couple of drinks and carry on 200 yards up the road where there is a huge indoor shopping centre...... Enjoy yourselves

Hi Dorlor

If your hubbi is desperate to watch the football there is a decent bar about 400 yards from the ship at Palma that shows live English football on Saturday afternoon. Only problem is that the commentary is in Spanish. Bar was very friendly when we were there three weeks ago and prices are reasonable. It was reasonably empty as well. To get there leave the port terminal building and go straight on past the bus stops for the town and hop on hop off bus and go over the bridge that crosses the dual carriageway. At the end of the bridge take the left fork up the small hill and the bar is 100 yards up on the left. There is normally a board outside on the pavement advertising which matches are on.

And if you don't fancy the football, leave hubbi there with enough cash to buy a couple of drinks and carry on 200 yards up the road where there is a huge indoor shopping centre...... Enjoy yourselves

Ooh i like the sound of last bit

Thanks very much. I have a vague memory of the shopping mall from a few years ago. Wanna be there !! :)