Camp Ocean Carnival Freedom (2-5)

jlrn366419

We were on July 5th. The upgrades are really great. They now have a Seuss library with ~20 copies of a dozen different books, which is open longer hours than the camp... or perhaps 24x7, I am not sure.

Our kids really did not like Camp Carnival previously and wouldn't stay more than 30 minutes. On this cruise, they didn't want to leave. To be fair, they were 3 on the last Carnival cruise and are now 4.5. Also they've had 2 MSC cruises between, where they did great in camp.

The only issue we ran into was the agenda being wrong. The kids were really looking forward to time outside on the playscape and it didn't happen. The schedule was outright wrong... or maybe they just decided not to do it. However, several other times the kids reported doing something other than what was on the schedule.

That said, MUCH better than the old clubs. They also got more goodies: the usual T-shirt, but also a candy straw which they made and a colored sand toy which was also a craft, and a couple other things. Small stuff, but they loved it and still have some of it.

They also had a $euss photo $hoot with the cat in the hat, and one of the other characters. Both kids have those on their dresser though, so (relatively) well worth $20 for each photo.

I hadn't thought about it but there were no water works on Freedom, just a water slide:

6039017081509429874?pid=6039017081509429874&oid=101658987953530722313&authkey=CP6kq7P8kauKkQE

...42" height requirement, I believe.

~~~~~

Sorry, the photo link isn't working but it's a typical water slide for Carnival: aqua blue with 4 loops.

Edited by mikesteg

• 4 weeks later...

In some of the reviews I have read. There is reference to a common area that is now included in the camp for when they merge the age groups. In another article I read that they will at times allow a younger sibling stay with an older one, even thought they don't recommend it. Can you confirm if the new Camp Ocean allows a slightly younger sibling to join their older sibling. Any clarification would be appreciated.